A Hogwarts Christmas - Part Four

........

I'm publishing it now. I couldn't wait. Forgive me. GET READY FOR SNNNAAAPPPPEEE

................

DEAN THE OWL'S POV

I flied effortlessly through the warm, cozy halls. Torches were lit and staff was returning to their offices to sleep. I finally made my way back to the Hospital Wing only to see my master asleep. She looked rather calm and peaceful, so I followed the Professor's instructions and let her be. I bit the cord that attached the package to me and let the present fall gently onto the oak night table. And with that, I soared out of the Hospital Wing back to my roost. With other owls. And that obnoxious finch that needs to be bleeped out sometimes. Oh, and Trevor the toad. We don't pester or threaten him: he's too nice a guy. I glided in and nestled into my crevice. How nice to be home.

~Time Skip to about to whenever you wake up in the morning~

YOUR POV

You woke up and stretched every part of your body. Toes, fingers, legs, neck, etc. Then the thought hit you.

It was Christmas Day.

Your heart once again froze in place and stopped. What did the Professor think of the gift you had gotten him? You shoved the thought aside, but it kept pushing itself back into your mind. After a metal (pun, pun) battle, it slipped away. Since Madame Pomfrey said I could go in the morning, I quickly walked over to the bathroom and changed. I walked out with a fuzzy grey sweater, some sweatpants and a good pair of socks (Dumbledore has good taste). I went back to my bed to collect my now dry, school uniform and cloak. I looked for my scarf, which was on my nightstand, when I withdrew my hand I saw a small package. It was wrapped in a shiny, gold wrapping paper and a maroon bow. Whoever gave this to me must know what house I am in. I began to unwrap it carefully, not wanting to spoil the surprise. Wait, is that a card? I stopped my unwrapping and looked at the card. It was small and slightly ripped. Oh, there was a coffee stain too. Had they been holding onto this for a long time? I began to open it.

SNAPE'S POV.

I walked out of my bed chambers and got dressed. I was about to do my regular morning routine when I remembered it was Christmas....Christmas morning. Normally, I would ignore such a feeble holiday and get on with life but, I walked into my main, private office and stared at the present. It was wrapped nicely, with it's green wrapping paper and ribbon. I muttered a simple spell and a cup of hot tea floated over. I took a sip and pondered the floating questions in my head:

'What did I get?'

'Who sent this?'

'Does someone actually care about me?'

'I hope (y/n) got her present without worry...'

'Is it a trap?'

Those questions only scratched the surface of my mind. I was greatly curious, yes. I hadn't gotten a present in a very long time. I put my tea gently down, and separated the note from the gift.

YOUR POV

I took the note and opened it. It simply read: Open when Alone

I looked at my surroundings. I was the only one left in the Hospital Wing, and Madame Pomfrey was in her office. I continued to open the present and what I saw in that tiny, cardboard box amazed me. It was a locket. The charm wasn't bigger than a sickle. I wanted to see if anything was in it, so I opened it with a slight click! The locket shuddered and floated out of my hands. The air in front of me flickered, like an old movie one could say. I could see both Snape and the lady talking. My breath hitched when the locket flashed suddenly, beaming an enchantment of Severus talking...to the same old women I did. My hand went over my mouth as I continued to listen.

SNAPE'S POV

I found the card nice. It was simple and got straight to the point. I reached for the gift now. I unwrapped it quickly. I looked at it: it was a box with a quill and an already filled ink pot inside. I wondered if I had put to much effort into this. I decided to put the quill and this new ink to the test. I grabbed a spare piece of parchment and placed it on my desk while I sat down. When I dipped the quill into the ink, it came alive. It started to write before my eyes.

BOTH SNAPE AND (Y/N) POV. SNAPE IS IN THE SLANTED LETTERS. (Y/N) IS IN BOLD AND SLANTED

(this is my first time doing a written voice-lapse, so pls forgive me if it's bad)

Both of them listened to the other. On paper or projected.

He is not like anyone I've ever known.

"I was lost in the forest of hate,

He is tall, has black hair, and a big nose, which I don't mind because we all have our own flaws.

only to have you to revive me with love.

He also stands out from the rest.

I was drowning in the ocean of loss,

He is like a secret tunnel: you never know what's on the opposite side.

until you wrapped your arms around me and pulled me closer to the warm above.

He is also very talented.

You were my fire to shadow, as you will ever be.

He likes potions, and maybe the Dark Arts even more.

So, will you accept this gift from me?"

One minute, he's this mysterious guy you know nothing about, and the next....he's your hopeless crush.

YOUR POV

~after poem is read~

"Hm....that's nice. Why don't you ever say it to her?" questioned the old lady.

"I can't." Severus replied.

She turned around to face him with a pure white eyebrow lifted.

Severus gave up the charade. "Fine. She is beautiful and kind and....perfect. And I love her, but I do not know how to approach that without destroying whatever connection I have with her now. Either I will hurt her feelings or destroy-"

"It doesn't matter, be yourself. You could do it if you really wanted to."

Snape scoffed. "I came here for a gift and I asked you for help. Is it necessary that I-"

He was cut off when she put a box into his hands and curled his fingers around it.

"Here you are. Now, there is no pay but do not think that love is a mere trinket to play with."

His usually stony expression turned sorrowful. 

"I know." He said.

 He turned his back and walked out of the store.

The locket closed up and fell into my lap. I stared at it. H-he what? My heart leapt out of my throat and before I knew it, I was running towards the dungeons cloaking myself along the way.

SNAPE'S POV

I followed the pen's writing, realizing that it looked like (Y/n)'s I followed along, my eyes growing wide. She'd said that? I wondered if this was a prank or not. The pen finally finished and wrote the signature, 

(Y/n) (Y/l/n). 

This...was not a prank. Only (y/n) wrote her name in large, loopy letters. 

The thought struck me: it must've been that witch. The shop's logo was on the quill.Only she knew what (y/n) had said....and what I had said. I had heard about a legend that only two lovers - whom could never tell the other how they truly felt - would find the shop. And those two lovers were me and (y/n). I quickly got up and walked out of my office: 

I had to find her.