A challenge/The pain of the past

Magsimula sa umpisa

We blushed and nodded and natsu grabbed my hand. "I see why your so protective of Natsu. He's your true love isn't he?" We nodded and blushed.

We never thought of it that way but it made sense. It's like I was sent here to be with him. We both smiled and just then I hear screams in my head. Screams of terror and pain. I look around but it's just us.

"Do you hear that?" I ask in a panic.

"Hear what?!" They both shout and get ready to fight.

"The screams!" I yell while I still hear them in my head

"We don't hear any screams" Natsu says confused.

I then collapse to my knees and hold my head tightly "MAKE IT STOP!" I yell at the top of my lungs with tears streaming down my face then collapse. I feel arms wrap around me and I black out.

I wake up hours later in bed at Natsu's House. I open my eyes and I see him sitting in a nearby in a chair. I reach out my hand and touch his arm and he jumps. I scared him.

"Your awake!" He yells joy in his voice but tears in his eyes. "You scared me so bad! What happened?!" He exclaims.

He grabs me and hugs me tight. I can feel his emotions. He was scared and sad. I can feel his tears on my neck as he nuzzles me close. I start crying to and hug him as tight as I can.

"I wish I could tell you Natsu but I honestly don't know." I say as calmly as I can but you can hear my voice shake.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door. Erza comes in with a old woman with pink hair. She comes over to me and starts asking me questions. Me and natsu explain everything to her and she nods.

"I know what happened" she says after we were done explaining everything. "You were hearing the screams of your past." We look at her dumbfounded and she holds up a hand.

"let me explain. You have no memory of your past here because you don't have one. You come from somewhere else entirely. You were sent here for some reason. I've heard of this before but it's extremely rare. Some never find their reason and roam around in search of it for their entire life. But you my dear seem to of found it." She looks at me and smiles and nods at natsu.

"Natsu? He's my purpose?" I ask with a blush.

"You said you were drawn to each other right? You want to protect each other and be together all the time right?" She asks firmly.

We both nod yes at every question. "You both have a purpose now. You two combined are extremely powerful. You both can change the world! You both can make it better and safer. You are meant to be together and do great and marvelous things for this wretched place. By the time you both are old and ready to die you will look back on your lives at all the good you've done. This world is full of death and destruction but you two alone can change it! You will be haunted by your previous life's memories for a short while but they will fade. The screams you heard where the screams of your loved ones when you passed away." She says seriously "Natsu! You were given a very very rare gift. Treasure and protect it with your life! You my dear the same goes for you! Guard this man like he is the air you breathe!" She says all this with such passion that I can't help but cry softly.

But once she said that last sentence Erza started laughing. "She already does that! She almost killed grey for hitting Natsu with a chair yesterday! Poor guy is scared to death now!"

This statement causes all of us the bust up laughing. The old lady smiles and says goodbye and leaves with Erza. Natsu turns and looks at me with sad eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask him with a worried voice.

"Your screams scared the life out of me. I was panicking so badly I could barely breathe. I didn't know what to do. If Erza wasn't there to keep me calm I would of lost my mind." He says with tears in his eyes.

"The last time I heard you scream like that was when I found you and you were trapped in the fire. At least then I could save you. This time I couldn't. I felt so helpless." He sobs and grabs me tightly.

I can't stand to see him like this. I hug him tightly and say "It's ok. We know what it is now and how to handle it. Don't beat yourself up so much. I'm sorry I scared you." I say and pull him on top of me. "How about I make it up to you?" I ask with a grin.

He looks at me and can't help but smile to "What do you have in mind?" He asks while raising and lowering his eyebrows at me.

I start laughing and so does he. I pull him closer and whisper in his ear "why don't you tell me?"

He looks at me with a grin and I knew I was in trouble.

But I don't regret my decision. Not one bit!