Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

I hesitated at first considering I'm not exactly gifted when it comes to sports but they compromised that I get to choose the category that we're going to compete for this year so I chose the track relay race and its a deal.

Although Jennie and Jisoo unnie did protested at first saying how their legs are not long enough for that kind of torture but after a little coaxing from Chaeng and me that included some foot massage and free chicken, they finally agreed.

"So, can you do it?", Chaeyoung asked out of nowhere, knocking me back into reality.

"Huh?"

I blinked at her in confusion, not quite catching what she actually meant.

"Can you hand it in for me? I would do it but I have a band meeting in just... 5 minutes!", she exclaimed loudly after taking a look at the clock on her phone screen.

"Sure, who should I give it to?", I inquired as I watch her jump from one feet to another while zipping up her bag in a rush.

"The office lady but she won't be there until after lunch."

I furrowed my eyebrows at that, "But shouldn't we hand it in before noon?"

She was already across the hall by then and I was about to point out that she's going to the wrong way when she suddenly swerved around, her body almost slipping down in the process before she quickly ran in the opposite way.

"Just give it to the student council!", she managed to shout in reply as her figure disappeared completely from my sight.

Staring at the path that she just taken off to, I shook my head slowly before finally looking down at the form in my hand.

***

I exhaled a huge amount of breath as I finally took the last set of stairs to see the big front door unoccupied.

Huh, weird.

Looking around, I wondered where could the 'bodyguards' disappear to when my stomach suddenly grumbled, reminding me that we're far ahead from our usual lunch time.

Of course, they're probably heading to lunch right at this very moment while I'm still standing here dumbly because of this form.

Also, didn't they do everything online these days?

I began walking closer to the door while busy feeling sorry for myself when someone pulled it open from inside, catching me off guard for a second.

"Ooooh guys! Look who's here to see me.", Jimin's face lighted up as he took in my presence at the door, one of his elbows on the door frame above his head.

Giving him a dry look, I ignored his previous statement when I noticed the other guys not too far behind him.

"I'm here to hand this in.", I said instead while gesturing to the form that's still in my hand.

Jimin raised his eyebrows as he looked at the piece of paper, "You're also joining the competition?"

"I was forced to."

"Let me see."

I watched as Jimin stepped forward to snatch the form away from my hand, his eyes scanning it briefly with a thoughtful look.