Chapter 15: Leaving the Tower

Duncan arrives at the perfect moment, "Knight-Commander, if I may... I am not only looking for a mage to join the king's army. I am also recruiting for the Grey Wardens. Irving spoke highly of this mage, and I would like her to join the Warden ranks."

"What? You've promised him a new warden?" says Greagoir.

"She has served the Circle well. She would make an excellent Grey Wardens."

"We look for dedication in our recruits. Fighting the darkspawn requires such dedication, often at the expense of all else."

"I object. You say she operated under your instructions, Irving, but I do not trust her. I must investigate this issue, and I will not release this mage to the Grey Warden."

"If the Grey Wardens wants me, I will gladly go," says Ciri.

"Greagoir, mages are needed. This mage is needed. Worse things plague this world than blood mages... you know that. I take this young mage under my wing and bear all responsibility for her actions."

"This mage does not deserve a place in the Order," says Greagoir.

"Why? Do we not reward service. This mage has served the Circle well. You have an opportunity few even dreams of. Do not squander it," says Irving as if the discussion was over."

"So I am to be a Grey Warden."

"Yes. Be proud, child. You are luckier than you know."

"Thanks for everything, First Enchanter."

"Come, your new life awaits. But first, say goodbye to your friend."

Ciri cames back to her room for packing her belongings

"Where do you go?" asks Daylen, "What happened with Jowan?"

Ciri stops herself and turns to Daylen before telling everything.

"So you join the Grey Warden," concludes Daylen.

"Yes, we leave tomorrow morning."

"Ok, then I will leave you alone."

After finishing to prepare herself, she leaves her room.

Going into the Main Hall of the Circle of Magi Tower, Cirilla runs into Cullen

Going into the Main Hall of the Circle of Magi Tower, Cirilla runs into Cullen. He approaches her and was the first talking.

"Hello, Ciri."

"Hello, Cullen."

"Are you busy right now?" asks suddenly Cullen.

"Uh... uh, yes."

"Maybe, we can talk somewhere private."

"Alright, then let's go."

They go into a room isolated where people can't see them.

After a moment, Cullen kiss her, during like it feels hours. Then he whispers "I hope we can see each other again outside these walls." He leaves her, while Ciri didn't move, completely shocks.