~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kai's Phone 9:45 a.m
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coral

Coral:
Where did u go???

Kai:
Went to get more groceries at
MakoMart

Coral:
When will u be back?? :(

Kai:
Almost done, should be back within
15 minutes.

Coral:
ok be safe pls, u never rlly been
in public alone.

Kai:
I will, cya in a bit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He puts his phone back in the pocket of his jacket and sighs.
Coral was right though, he had never really been in public alone except for the first few minutes when he came to Inkopolis.
Most of the Inklings who lived nearer to the apartment started to accept Kai. However, most Inklings still didn't.

When Coral would let Kai drive her car, he would be stopped multiple times by the police. Or there would be times when security had to check his clothes and pockets before entering buildings.

It was tiring but he'd rather be here with Coral than the Deep Sea Metro and the Octarians.
He hoped that one day, maybe Octolings would start coming to Inkopolis.

After a while of strolling down each aisle, Kai finally found shrimp chips. He grabs a few and stuffs it into the basket and makes his way to the check out.

The lines were long and would take a while until it will be Kai's turn to pay. He heard murmurs from different Inklings as he waited. Not too far from Kai was a group of male Inklings, all with matching varsity jackets. They whispered things: it was probably about him.
There was something fishy about them, but Kai continued to move along as he got closer to the check out.

When it was finally his turn, the Inkling girl behind the register greeted him nervously with fear in her eyes.
Everyone had suddenly become quiet in MakoMart as they all watched Kai go up to the counter.
" H-h-how is your day, s-sir?" She stutters
"It's okay I guess.." He replies as he awkwardly stands there waiting for her to finish scanning the items.

He bit the bottom of his lips as many eyes stared straight at him.
When he was out with Coral, her presence always made him felt comfortable in public.

"Hurry up, pleaaase hurry and scan all of the items already." Kai whimpers in his mind as he watches the Inkling girl scan items.

He notices that her hands are trembling of fear which is making her scan even slower and clumsier.
With everyone's eyes staring at him, it felt like an eternity. At this point, he would actually be returning to the apartment in about 30 minutes instead of 15.

Finally, he pays and leaves. He doesn't even turn back to look and starts to walk quicker as he gets further from MakoMart.

He looks both ways before crossing the street and then cuts through a long alley that him and Coral usually take as a short cut, but only as emergency.
He just wanted to get back to the apartment and avoid everybody right now.

That is, until in the corner of his eye he spotted about four figures standing at the end of the alley.
It was those guys back at MakoMart with matching varsity jackets.