Chapter Four. Good Girl.

Start from the beginning

I looked down at Mr. Red before making a face of disgust as I stepped over his body, he was even uglier being all dead and shit.

I sauntered out of the restaurant and headed towards my car watching the chaos still going on outside, maybe if I was a bit normal this would've phased me.

After hitting the alarm on my car I climbed inside and didn't bother looking into the backseat at my ex who thought he was slick.

"You sending people to do your dirty work for you now? What the fuck is this letter Marquis?" I questioned him. His chuckle startled me a bit even though I was expecting it as he climbed over the seat.

"You can open it while I drive" He said grabbing my hips and pulling me onto his lap as he shifted a bit and took my spot.

Marquis started the car up like it was nothing and left the crime scene zooming passed people still trying to locate friends and find their cars.

I looked the envelope over in my hands before ripping it open and my eyes landed on DNA results like I was suppose to be phased.

"What this suppose to mean and what it got to do with me?" I questioned with an attitude and he smacked his teeth.

"Told you the kid wasn't mine" Marquis said and I rolled my eyes, that paper meant absolutely nothing.

The men around here were extra trifling and would pay money so those DNA test results would come back negative, so that lil test meant nothing to me.

Marquis already had two kids that were conceived during two of our 'breakups' so I didn't put it past him to father a baby during our relationship either.

"I'm still done with you. You think you killing some old man who I was going to rob anyway means something? Fuck you and these DNA results!" I snapped throwing them in his face.

I was no different then my mother who stayed with my father after he fathered my bitch ass half brother.

Only difference was I didn't run out and try and have a baby with Marquis to keep him around. I knew better than to involve kids in my mess and as much as Marquis tried to convince me to have his baby, I wasn't going for it.

"You think i'd fake DNA results? Look, I apologize for what I said to you. You know I didn't mean that shit, I have so much love in my heart for you and if we can't work through this shit than i'm really never gonna be happy" Marquis said attempting to guilt me.

I remained silent barely even listening to what his punk ass was saying. Every now and then he'd look over at me with puppy dog eyes like that was suppose to make me automatically forgive him.

"Dealing with you is so exhausting, just let me go" I said stubbornly. Marquis pulled the car over on the side of the road and I tensed up.

"You really wanna be done for good?" He questioned as the car came to a stop. His gaze was intense and i'd be lying if I said I didn't grow moist.

'Y-yeah. I'm done" I said immediately regretting the stutter. Marquis's eyes lit up and he grew a knowing smirk on his face as he smiled to himself.

His cologne filled my nose as he leaned over to me and pushed my hair behind my ear. Mr. Red's blood had begun to dry on me and the thought made me shiver.