Chapter Three

It was Monday morning. I was already at school, at my locker. I was minding my own business on my phone, when everybody went silent. I look up and the principal was yelling at Cole.

"Don't smoke on school property again or else there will be serious consequences!" The principal yelled.

"Jesus dude. Okay, whatever." Cole says, smirking.

Cole walks away from the principal, all eyes are on him. Cole walks up to me, making everyone divert their eyes to me. I started to get nervous.

"I have to tell you something." Cole randomly says.

"What is it?" I asked.

"One of my friends spread a rumor about you. Us." Cole says, looking around.

"What? What was the rumor?" I say, my anxiety going up like a rollercoaster.

"The rumor was... we had sex the other night at the party." Cole said.

"You're fucking joking." I raised my voice.

"Don't get mad at me! I wasn't the one who came up with the rumor." Cole says in defense.

"It was one of your stupid friends! What am I going to do now? I never had a rumor spread about me before!" I yelled quietly.

"Look, we have to come up with something. Maybe fake dating?" Cole smirks.

"Fake dating? No thanks." I said, looking down at the floor.

"Please. I don't want you to be labelled as a freaking slut. You know how everyone acts around here, Nicole." Cole said.

"Fine. For how long?" I asked.

"Probably for about 2 more months. We have to make it seem like it's real. Like holding hands and shit." Cole smirks.

"Are you sure you're not just doing this to be closer to me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"No, no." Cole said. "Your friend is coming. I'll be right back."

All of the sudden, Cole kisses my cheek and walks away. I was shocked. Never been kissed by anyone before.

"So you're dating Cole now?" Madison asked.

"Yeah. He's sweet, nice, and funny. He's also adorable." I lied.

"How long have you been together?" Madison asked, leaning against the locker.

Shit.

"About a week." I say.

"And you didn't tell me?" Madison raises her voice.

"Chill. Also, the rumor about us having sex isn't real. The dating part is." I said.

"Wow. Didn't expect you to be with him. I thought you'd never go for a guy like him." Madison says.

"Well, you thought wrong." I smirked.