I give him a blank look and roll my eyes.

"Of course, I just decided to kill him in public and put him in shopping bags just to ask you to bury him"

"Pff, whatcha making?"

"Nothing for you" I smile innocently and he pouts

I put all of the stuff on the kitchen and Jayden groans.

"That's just torture, you're expecting me to just watch you make burgers and not eat at least one?"

"Jay, you understand that I can't cook if my life depended on it, right? I'll probably burn the house down"

"How could I forget? Plus, why are you doing it then?"

"Because I want to learn"

"Hmpf, you just want to impress Mason" he chuckles

"No! Okay, maybe" I mumble

"Good luck doing that with burned burgers"

And gone is Jayden. Hmpf, I will prove him wrong.

I start getting everything ready and 15 minutes later I decide to start. I quickly text Mason to ask him when he's coming back. He responds faster than I would've thought. He'll be back in 30 minutes. Great, just enough time.

30 minutes later and I'm actually proud at my creation for once. I look at the beautiful burgers standing on the plates and nod in approval. I even made one for Jayden, look at me being nice.

"Hey Jay, come down here!"

"Dámn, what smells so good?" he runs down the stairs and within seconds he's next to me.

"Aw Lex, you decided to torture me more? They actually look fúcking delicious"

"Actually Jay, I made you one" I smile and give him the plate

"I want you to taste it, before I poison Mason and myself" I smirk

He narrows his eyes, but then focuses back on the burger, "I'm honored to be the first to taste this delicious baby"

He takes a few bites and I wait impatiently.

"And? What do you think of it?"

He nods his head in approval with his eyes closed.

"This is one of the best things I ever tasted" he nods impressed

I squeal excitedly and he goes upstairs with the burger.

"Thank you Jay!"

Ha! Who said I couldn't cook again? Oh yeah, haha, that was me...

I put two plates down on the table with two glasses. I take the plate with the burgers and carefully move them to the table as well.

The door opens exactly after I cleaned up. Mason walks in and I hear him groan.

"What's that smell?"

I grin happily and point at the food.

"Dámn, you made that?" his eyes widen and he turns to me as I nod proudly

"I thought you couldn't cook?" this time his eyebrows knit in confusion, but he still walks closer to me

"Guess I can?" I chuckle lightly and kiss him softly

I join him at the table and for so far, it seems like the conversation with his dad went well, but hey, I could be completely wrong.

Mason takes his first bite and I wait impatiently.

"Hmm, this is reaalllyyyy good, dámn"

"Time for me to taste it as well I guess"

And who could've guessed? I actually really like them too. Woah, ever impressed yourself so much that you fell out of your chair? Yeah? Me too.

"God Lex, you're so clumsy" Mason chuckles

I quickly get up and sit back down, a small blush creeping on my cheeks.

"So, how did it go?" I ask curiously as he looks up at me with a small smile on his face

"Good I think"

"That's great! What did he say?" I smile, genuinely happy for him

"He kinda explained the situation. My mother sort of blackmailed him. My father had an affair with someone he worked with and she told him that if he didn't go with her, she would ruin his business. Yeah, it hurt to think he chose his business over me, but then he told me that she cheated on him before he had that affair"

"So he decided to stay with her even though she cheated on him first?"

"Yeah, his business kept growing and he wouldn't be able to get a job again if my mother would spread his secret"

"Are you going to forgive him?"

"Probably someday, but not yet, I have to think about everything first"

I smile at him and grab his hand, "did you find out if it was him who kept adding money to your bank account?"

"Yeah, it was him"

"Thanks for making me go talk to him," he smiles, "He's actually planning to move back into our house if I'm okay with it"

"That's amazing, but what about your mom?"

"They got divorced a year ago"

"I'm happy you finally have your father back in your life, Mase"

"I'm happy about that too" he smiles and I start to clean up the table, seeing that we're done eating

I walk to the kitchen and put the plates back down. I am suddenly being turned around and pushed against the counter. Mason leans in and softly bites my earlobe.

"You know what I'm happy about as well?" he whispers softly, making tingles spread all over my body

"W-what?"

"My amazing girlfriend" he smiles and pushes his lips on mine

Even though I've kissed him before, he keeps surprising me with how good he makes me feel. I kiss him back, but suddenly the doorbell rings. Mason eyes me confused as he pulls back and I shrug.

"Expecting anyone?" he asks as I walk towards the door, Mason closely behind me

"No, you?"

He shakes his head and we hear Jayden coming downstairs as well.

"Who is it?"

I shrug and open the door. Behind that door I find something I was definitely not expecting.

"Good evening, we are looking for Alexia Louise Smith?" a police officer asks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Do you guys have summer vacation already or not? If so; are you going on a trip or going to do something fun? I hope you are! :)

Comment, follow, vote, give a star, idk, do whatever :)

-X- ChocolateHusky44