Chapter 20

Previously

"I'm your mother, of course I'm worried. Especially when I hear this! Jayden and Mason are not going to leave you out of their sight at all anymore! I want to know what happened"

I sigh in frustration, but I don't show her, because I know she's right.

"You sure you want to hear everything?"

Now

She nods her head and takes my hands in hers.

I tell her about when Caleb and I were dating, then about when we broke up, after that about the stalking, the first kidnapping, the party and the second kidnapping. I leave the Mark thing out. She seems really happy and I don't want to ruin that for her.

When I've told her everything she's crying and hugs me tightly.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, honey. You can talk to me about anything, okay? I'm so glad you're back. I love you"

A few tears escape my eyes.

"It's okay. I'm here now. I'm sorry I haven't told you earlier. I love you too"

"Do you promise to tell if something ever happens again?"

"I promise"

"Can we come down, without walking towards our own death?" Jayden asks with Mason next to him

"Of course" she gets up and walks upstairs

"You two. Don't let my little baby out of your sight. I'm going to sleep for a while." she smiles and winks at them

I roll my eyes and sink in the couch.

"At your service"

"So, Lex, how you feeling?" Jay asks me as he takes place next to me

"Alright. It was the best sleep I've had in a while"

"No problem" Mason smirks

"Hush hush. Don't flatter yourself too much" I smile sarcastically

"So, what has been going on here and at school?"

"Well, the Disneyland trip is postponed, so you didn't miss that. It's the week after spring break now"

I smile a bit at this. I can still go to Disneyland.

"People at school do know that you were missing"

My smile drops and worry takes over me.

"What else do they know?"

"Some of the people noticed Caleb was missing too and they have their suspicions. But they're mostly worried about you and hoping you're okay. We went to the police, but they weren't getting anywhere, so we did it ourselves"

I nod at the police part

"When are you planning on going back to school?"

"Which day is it?"

"Tuesday"

"Then I'll go back to school tomorrow," I say determined. I'll just wear a long sleeved top with jeans, that should cover most of my injuries.

They nod and look at each other.

"What do you want to do today?" Mason asks me

"I want to go for a walk" I say as I get up from the couch

"Okay. We'll come with you" Mason says and hooks his arm in mine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------