Drowning in self-doubt, I was a fool to think I don't need approval to float my boat. Unable to handle criticism, I found myself shrinking in the corners, hiding away from prying eyes and sly remarks, I wanted nothing but to be invisible. However, there was no running away as it comes complementary with any artistic field.

As I voice out my fears, my brother listens intently. Though he doesn't understands my anxiety, he tries, and gradually, I feel lighter. Soon we wipe our faces, shift the topic to a more happier subject as he persuades me to ask Nora for dinner.

"Call her now!" He orders, frustrated by my inability to approach her.

"I don't have her number." I mumble.

He shakes his head in disbelief. "She was your project partner, and you didn't ask for her number?!"

"It never came to my mind!"

"Wow. Do you even like her?!"

"I do!"

"You do?" He beams.

I roll my eyes in an attempt to look nonchalantly but heat rushes to my face.

"Ask her, seriously. She looks cute!" He cheers, dimples out on display as I frown.

"With you of course." He rolls his eyes then adds with a lopsided grin, "Getting possessive already?"

My eyes pop out as I stand up to run away from his embarrassing comments. "Bye, hyung."

His hearty laugh echo in the cabin, making me increase my pace.

***

A smile tugs her lips upward as she playfully hit her friend. Her gaze lands upon me momentarily. I stare right into her eyes, fighting the urge to look away. A faint blush tints her cheek as she settles in her seat.

After class her friend rushed out with a wave while she was packing her bag, her back towards me. I walk to her with hesitant steps, Namjoon hyung's words of encouragement from yesterday echoing in my head.

"Nora," Her name comes out in a whisper, but her back straightened to indicate she heard.

"Yeah?" I struggle to not look away from her face as her eyes stare into mine. I will not look down.

"Are you free?" I ask.

Her eyes travel down on my face. "Yeah."

"Would you like to go out?" My lips went dry.

"To do what?" She raises her brow at me.

 I lick my lips. "To eat."

She blinks rapidly then meets my gaze again. "I-uh-okay"

A smile came itself upon my face as I gesture her to lead the way.

Even talking about little things like our day and studies with her lifted my mood. Keeping a conversation going with her was easier than I thought.

I turn to go to Namjoom hyung's class where he'd be wrapping up his lecture but she put her palm on my inner elbow. Halting, I turn to her.

"Where are you going?" She asks, brows furrowed.

"To get car keys."

She crinkles her nose cutely before shaking her head.

"We can walk. Come on." She says and drags me by elbow as I fail to respond. My heart stutter as she turns to grin at me.

I want to take her to some place with nice ambiance but this girl drags me wherever she wants. And so we end up at a street food stall. I frown at her as she shoots stars with her eyes at other people's plate. Sighing I order some for both of us.