Camellia

01

Nora

Head ducked down, shoulders slumped, he makes way to his usual seat. I imagine his dark eyes locked with mine, the thought being enough to make my heart race with anticipation.

"Can you please stop being so obvious?" Naina whispers in my ear.

I immediately avert my eyes from him, cheeks heating in embarrassment as they land on the professor.

She snickers when I pretend to pay attention to the lecture.

Minutes later, out of the corner of my eye I saw some movement. Automatically, my focus went to him again as he moved his hand through his fluffy brown hair to push them back. His long, slender fingers rested on his neck, to lightly massage it. I imagine them on my own neck then moving down slowly- 

Clenching my thighs together, I curse mentally.

"You're doing it again." Naina whispers, eyes sparkling with amusement.

Fisting the cloth of my skirt, I rest my forehead on the desk, trying to think about anything but him. I'm screwed.

***

Kim Taehyung was invisible to all his classmates, including me, until I accidentally sat on his seat two weeks ago. 

On the fated day he came to the class, avoiding everyone as if we all had flu (well, someone had it because my best friend was sick at home.), droplets of water stuck in his hair, wet splotches on his blue shirt, he made his way to his seat only to find it occupied by a girl with wild hairs.

Unable to ask me to move, he stood awkwardly beside the desk until I noticed him and got a glimpse of his dark, enchanting eyes that looked everywhere but into my eager ones. I shifted in my seat, so he could sit beside me; the way his eyes roamed around, I could tell he was looking for another seat but decided to sit with me anyway.

None of us spoke a word. Some droplets fell from his hair and landed on my bare arm trickling down to my elbow only to be absorbed by clothes. I kept pretending to focus on lecture to hide the fact that I was acutely aware of the boy beside me. 

Throughout the lecture I sneaked glances at him, a little disappointed to not have him stare back. His glasses hung low on his perfectly chiseled nose as he scribbled sloppily in his notebook. Once the professor was done speaking he leaned back, hands resting on his thighs, his fingers tapped on his jeans as he licked his lips. I felt my cheeks heating up as a not so appropriate thought crossed my mind. 

As if he heard what I was thinking, his head whipped towards me, the dark eyes met mine for a millisecond then went to linger at my shoulder. He chewed on his lower lip as I waited for him to speak.

"Is it okay if we do it here?" His voice was so deep that I felt goosebumps rise on my skin. His gaze went down, I snapped back to my senses and realized what he said.

My eyes widened, I was sure I didn't say anything to him yet. "What?" I asked, bewildered by his straight-forward question.

"The project?" He said, still refusing to look at me.

"I'm sorry, what project?"

Without lifting his chin up, he looked at me through his long, thick lashes. The crease between his brows suggested I was openly gawking at him, but I couldn't look away.

"The project Mr. Song just told us about?" His frowned deepened when there was not even a flash of understanding in my eyes. "He partnered up seatmates and...were you not listening?"