The Night We Met (prt 2)

32

~Quinn~

I saw him leave. I wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do. But I just couldn't look at him right now.

All this time, wasted. It was all just a game. But why did it ache so much if it wasn't real? My subconscious asks a question I myself cannot answer in words.

I told Tyler I was tired and that I'd eat in the morning and headed into my old room. Those four blank walls stared at me, and for some reason they didn't seen so boring anymore.

Those four walls were so mesmerizing, the whitish/yellowish painted in perfectly coated layers.

I laid on my mattress and pulled out my iPod (Which I stole from Tyler a few years back) and plugged in my earphones. I played my 'Sad' playlist and the first song to play was Lord Huron's The Night We Met.

🎶I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow
Again
Take me back to the night we met🎶

The lyrics transported me to my first night in Los Angeles. When I opened the door in my Minnie Mouse pajamas, thinking it was the pizza guy, to reveal the most handsome man I'd ever met.

I had threatened to pepper spray him and ended up making a fool of myself when I was informed he was my brother's roommate. That night I told him that boys called me Ms.Piggy, he told me word for word "That's the point Quinn. They're boys, real men go for thick girls."

That was the first time anyone's called me thick. I'm not sure if it's a complement but it surely made me feel special.

🎶I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to
Do, haunted by the ghost of you
Oh take me back to the night
we met🎶

I don't know why I choose these sappy love songs to listen to when my hearts been shattered into a million pieces, it just makes me feel ten times worse.

I remember when I tried to make chicken that one time and miserably failed. I was so fascinated watching Kane make the chicken, his baby blue eyes trained on what he loved to do.

My mind also goes to the night at the club, when he punched that pervert repeatedly. Now it all makes sense. Why he was so pissed.

🎶When the night was full of terror
And your eyes were filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
Oh take me back to the night we met🎶

I was drowning in my own pool of salty tears. I remember when he helped me make mac and cheese, when I hadn't turned the stove on. I remember what he told me, "You're beautiful Quinn Brown. Breathtakingly beautiful."

His voice still rings in my ear, his touch still hovers over my skin, and his smell is lingering in my nose. But he wasn't here.

If it wasn't real, then why am I crying over him? If I didn't love him, why am I thinking about him? If this was just a game, why did losing hurt both emotionally and physically?

It wasn't supposed to feel like that. Maybe we aren't supposed to do anything in life. What happens, happens.

And what had happened was, Kane Adams had stolen my heart. I couldn't keep it in anymore, he probably doesn't want to see me now but I have to at least try to tell him how I really feel.

He is the one.

He's my one and only.

I get up off the empty mattress and jog to the front door, not caring that I'm dehydrated, punched, and bruised. I'm about to call for an Uber, when the loud screeching of Kane's car pulling into the parking lot stops me in my tracks.

I see him jump out of his vehicle and basically run to me, I met him halfway.

"Is it a coincidence that you're out here?" He jokes, his eyes full of lust and adrenaline.

"You're back." I whisper, my eyes roaming over his face. He's been crying, puffy eyes and streaks of dried tears stained his cheeks.

"For you, and no matter what you say or think I love you. And that is real. My feelings for you are real." He says a little bit higher than a whisper. His blue eyes twinkling, the reflection of the street lights bouncing off of them.

I stay quiet not sure what to say, or think. Soon enough, small drops of rain begin to fall from the Midnight Sky. The longer we stood out here the harder it hit, "Please say something." He said, his voice shaky and hesitant.

"I love you." It came out hoarse and slow, but it came out. Finally.

His soft, wet lips collided with mine. His hands held my face and my hands were traveling towards his hair. I tugged at his platinum locks, as he licked my bottom lip asking for entrance.

I let him in and our tongues began to fight for dominance. Eventually I gave up knowing he would win. He kissed me slowly and passionately.

It looked like a scene out of a Disney Princess movie. Right now, for the first time, I could say I felt like a princess. And Kane was my Prince Charming.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 07/26/20