Home Here We Come

21

~Kane~

Three Years ago...

I pass the blunt to Coby. The smoke clearly getting to me, but the higher the better. I could hear the b*tch on my lap giggle obnoxiously but I'm used to this sh*t.

"Where's Tyler?" Coby says passing the blunt back to me. I take a hit, exhaling.

"He's probably with Madison. He said he was done with this sh*t." We both chuckle at the thought. Once you're in the gang you cannot escape. Tyler's just being stubborn.

"That kid cracks me up. We're living like kings. How could he not want that?" Coby slurs out, obviously high off his ass. But I couldn't disagree.

"You want to go upstairs, Daddy?" The intoxicated sl*t on my lap slurs. I couldn't remember her name, but I couldn't care less. It's not like I'll see her ever again after tonight.

"Of course, baby." I whisper huskily into her ear and she giggles. She pulls me upstairs into an empty room, she struggled with my belt so I just undid it for her.

"You're so sexy." She licked her lips, kinda creepily. Gosh, this is going to be a long night.

Back To The Present...

I whip out of my daydream when the last bell of the day rings. Cooking class is over and thank the lords, we just watched a documentary on some chefs. Quinn and I don't say a word to each other, I could tell she had many questions for me.

"Let me take you home." I finally break the silence, and she simply nods. I could tell she was traumatized, but who wouldn't be? She was almost raped.

We both hop into my car and make our way to the apartment. I had to collect my things before I leave. I'm just hoping Tyler isn't home just yet. I'm pretty sure he has more to say or do to me.

We step into the apartment and I hear Quinn gasp at the guests sitting in the living room.

"Mom, dad what are you guys doing here?" She asks, panic clearly in her voice. I could tell she was afraid of her parents, but who can blame her? She's like their personal maid or something. They treat her like trash.

"We heard you were making a humongous mistake my dear," Ms. Brown says sending daggers my way. Just great, he had to tell his parents, "Of course we had to stop by to knock some sense into you girl."

"That's nice of you mother but I'm completely fine. I don't need your help nor your criticism." Quinn barks, crossing her arms. I didn't know she would actually stand up to them especially for me.

"Honey, clearly you do. Haven't I taught you better? You shouldn't open your legs to just anyone." Mr. Brown joins in. Forget about making a good impression on her parents. That thought was thrown out the window, into a garbage can, and then eaten by rats.

"Dad he isn't just anyone. If you would just listen to me-"

"Quiet child! You don't know what's good for you even if it were staring you in the face!" Ms. Brown spits, disgust linked into her words.

"With all due respect ma'am, the way you treat your daughter is disgusting. You criticize everything she does. She was relieved when she graduated, she thought she was free, free from your judgment." I say, holding Quinn's small hand trying to confort her.

"Boy you have no idea what she's been through, you weren't there all her life. We were and we did all we could and we don't need you destroying all the progress." Ms. Brown's voice booms across the room then silence falls over us.

"Mother enough!" Quinn's voice breaks, indicating she's about to cry- Something I hate to see, "You think you're doing what's best for me, but little do your know you're one of the biggest reasons I think low of myself,"

"You made me think I wasn't good enough. I didn't feel part of the family for my entire life. I was always in Tyler's shadow. He was the prince and I was the peasant. You made me hate myself," her tears began to fall. I wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her closer to me.

"So no, I'm done listening to you and Tyler!" She finishes wiping her tears with my sweatshirt.

Mr. and Ms. Brown's mouths are hanging low in shock. It's like their eyes were blinded all this time, they didn't know they were hurting their daughter. They didn't dare to speak anymore.

After a while of silence I decide it's best I leave. Obviously, I'm not welcomed here anymore. I walk into my room and start packing my belongings.

"What are you doing?" Quinns says from behind me.

"I'm leaving. Your family doesn't want me here." I say not turning back to look her in the eyes. I just couldn't.

"But I want you here, I need you here." She pleads, tugging at my sleeves.

I sigh. "What if you come with me?" I suggest and her eyes light up. She smiles up at me and hugs me tightly.

"Where are we going?" She asks, burying her face in my chest.

"We're going to my home town." I tell her and her smile widens.

"Okay, I'll go pack my things." She says leaving my room to go pack her things.

After about thirty minutes we're both done packing and I'm putting out luggages into my trunk. Quinn puts Princess into her doggy bag and secured her safely in the backseats.

"You're making a big mistake, Quinn!" We could hear Mr. Brown shout as we are getting ready to leave.

"If you leave you aren't welcomed back, do you hear me!" Ms. Brown says, as we get into the car and pull out of the parking space.

I hear Quinn sigh loudly from beside me, rubbing her temples. "Are you okay?" I ask her, putting my hand on her thigh.

"I will be." She smiles at me and I turn back to keep my attention on the road. It's going to take a while to get there.

Home here we come.

〰️〰️〰️
Edited 8/1/18