Waking up

In this one, Bakuub finally wakes up.
————
(A few weeks later)

Bakuub groans as he opened his eyes and hisses at the sudden brightness that enveloped him. He turns his head to see Sarah, fast asleep at his bedside. He moves his arm and touched her head, petting her hair lovingly.

He sees his caretaker come in, a yautja Female with bluish skin. She sees that he is awake and checks his vitals. He noticed that her cheeks flushed a bit. She also glares at Sarah a little. He quickly asks for food and water to stop a potential fight.

She nods and walks off to get what he asked. At this point, Sarah woke up and was weeping in happiness. He places a kiss on the top of her head and nuzzles her.

"I've been so worried Bakuub" she tells him while hugging tightly. The male smiles and tries to sit up. She adjusts his bed to his liking so he's sitting up and he activated the eating table on the cot.

The nurse came back in and gave him his meal. "There's your meal, Brave hunter." She cooed to him. She completely ignored Sarah's request for some water. Bakuub asks her kindly for what his mate wanted and she almost skipped off.

"She thinks she can win me from you. Apparently she doesn't understand the meaning of Lifemates" he tells Sarah and began to eat. He purrs softly and continues on with his meal. He was obviously hungry.

Sarah busied herself by telling him everything that's happened since he was put into a coma. She nuzzles him and cuddles with him on the bed as he listened carefully.

The nurse comes back in and throws the bottle of water at her. "Need anything else?" She huffs angrily. Bakuub growls and tries to stand up. "How dare you treat my beloved mate like such?!" He roars out. "She is the one I chose, not you. What you want in me, find in another male."

The nurse runs off crying, but Bakuub didn't follow. He just goes back to cuddling with his lifemate.

(Two days later)

Sarah and Bakuub were both sleeping in their ship when a figure got in. The female nurse walks over to Sarah's bedside and drew a needle filled with a deadly poison in it. She aims for Sarah's jugular and is about to put the needle in the vein, when Sarah's dog bit the female's leg hard.

The blue female howled in pain and instead injected the dog with half the poison. This gave enough time for Bakuub to grab the female and throw her out of the ship, calling the security officers on her.

He turns to find Sarah holding Bolt's body and weeping. The poison was taking quick effect on the loyal animal. Bakuub kneels next to his male and pets the creature until it's eyes went glassy and it's breathing stopped.

He held onto his weeping mate and secretly thanked the dog for saving his mate. He prayed to Cetanu to let the dog hunt with him in the afterlife.

He spent the rest of the night trying to comfort his weeping mate.
————
Done