Drew nods," of course."

"Have fun princess." Dad kisses my forehead and watches us as we leave out.

Being the gentleman that he is, Drew opens his car door for me, and shuts it, before goin around and getting in.

"So I wasn't sure how cliche I should be or if I should be over the top or not because I really want this date to be great but um, I figured we could go play mini golf or see a movie and then dinner after." He suggests.

The way his eyes flicker over to me briefly and his hands tightening on the steering wheel clues me in that he's just as nervous as me.

"Mini golf sounds fun."

He smiles," great. You can put on some music, my cd's are right on the backseat."

I nod and turn around. He has a small shoe box with multiple cd cases in it," I wasn't sure that people our age use cd's, aren't we more of the aux chord type."

"Yeah I have one but I like cd's, they give me this old school vibe and it's better than having to search for a song, just let the tracks play."

"Old school huh," I chuckle.

His cheeks go a little pink," uh yeah."

"I agree." With that I push the cd in the radio and turn the volume up to 20.

Music Sounds Better with You by Big Time Rush plays.

"You like these guys?" Drew ask finger pointing to the radio.

I nod," yeah there tv show was one of my favorites alongside Victorious, and their music is great."

"I know right, their show was very sitcom like but I laughed every time I watched it so no complaints." He shares.

Soon enough he pulls into the mini golf parking lot and we get out.

It's the cutest little place. It has a small light house, a windmill, and a pirate ship. Each whole has a different theme to it.

"So as not to be to cliche, you mind if I pay for mini golf?" I ask.

He shrugs," so long as I can pay for dinner."

"Deal."

We shake on it before I give the man $10. Drew chooses a green stick and ball and I pick purple.

'Hole 1' is carved into the little wood sign.

"So to make this interesting I figured we play and ask questions but there are rules."

"I'm listening."

"So basically every time you hit the ball you ask a question but only simple questions: favorite color, favorite movie, pet preference. But for every whole in one you can ask something a little more personal," he scratches the back of his neck," sound okay?"

I nod," fine by me."

Standing at the beginning of the first while I tap the ball, it rolls down the little hill, clanks against the white pole, and falls right in the whole.

"What is. . . your biggest doubt?"

His eyebrows raise quickly then fall back down as he shifts his weight," uh," he thinks," I doubt I'll ever be close to my dad again, after my moms passing."