Part Thirteen:

-Harley West-

The rest of the week went by quickly and Josh had been avoiding me. Dustin was finally getting along with Ryder and so was Tom, Molly and Snow had been hanging out....a lot, Ryder and still torment each other, sometimes joking other times not so much.

Before I knew it, it was Monday once more and I found myself at my usual spot in the cafeteria. This time instead of it just being me, Dustin, Molly and Tom, we had company, the Rivers siblings.

Molly and Snow were sitting beside each other, I was sitting beside Ryder, Dustin and Tom were sitting beside each other.

Things have been getting weird with Molly and Snow, them two have been exchanging whispers way too often and Molly has been fairly quiet around me.

"So, you're telling me that you shot someone in your team just because you thought they were annoying you?" I ask Dustin, the boys went to play paintball yesterday with Ryder so we were currently talking about that.

"Not my fault that Ryder is annoying." We all burst out laughing as Dustin explains himself. Ryder lightly punched Dustin's arm as he chuckles.

Nothing has really happened with Ryder and I, except the once in the blue moon kisses.

My phone alerts me that I have a message.

Josh-Hey, can we talk?

Me-sure, meet me in the library in five.

Josh- :)

"I have to go, I'll be right back." I get up but Ryder pulls me back down.

"What's wrong?" He whispers into my ear.

"Josh wants to talk to me, wait for me after school? We can watch a movie." I smile at him but Ryder frowns before nodding and kissing my cheek.

I have no idea what me and Ryder are but we keep exchanging the occasional kisses and it makes me even more confused.

-
Once I reach the library, I see Josh sitting down as he taps his fingers on the table. He sees me and signals me to go over so, I do.

"What did you want to talk about?" I sit opposite him and play with the tips of my fingernails.

"I wanted to apologise for the way I acted, I should've never done that to get on your boyfriends bad side."

"I accept your apology but he's not my boyfriend." I correct him as I give him a short smile.

"Oh, then how come I sometimes see you two kissing?" He's right, if he's not my boyfriend then I shouldn't be allowing Ryder to be kissing me.

"I-I don't know." I stutter slightly because my response was stupid, I should know why I let Ryder kiss me but I don't.

"I see, so you let him use you like one of his many sluts." What?

"Where are you getting at, Joshua?" I use his full name to show him I'm being serious.

"You know exactly where I'm coming from, you've become one of his sluts. You're no better than the rest of his whores."

Was he right? Was I just one of Ryder's sluts?

Before I could even respond, Josh was out of the library and nowhere to be seen.

-
When the school day was over with, I remembered that I had agreed to meet up with Ryder. Despite me not being in the mood, I still go and wait for him by his car.

"Hey, shortcake." He hasn't called me that in a while.

"Can we just go?" I remark back, Ryder looks confused but shrugs it off as he unlocks his car and I get in immediately, looking out of the window. He starts the car and drives off.

Once we stop at the first red light, I hear Ryder sigh as he looks at me.

"What's wrong, pouty?" A confused look is on his face as he drives once the light is green light.

"Why do you keep kissing me? Am I just one of your sluts? Oh my god! You think I'm one of your sluts! Jesus Christ, and I allowed you to think that!" I spoke so fast that I barely understood why I was saying. The car came to an abrupt stop as Ryder pulled up on the side.

"What's this all about?" He looks at me once more, raising his eyebrow. "What did Josh say?" He scoffs as if he already knew it was Josh's fault.

"He, um, said that I was one of your...sluts." And just like that, Ryder's eyes became full of anger before he looked back to the road to take deep breaths.

Once he was calm, he looks at me again.

"Don't believe what he says." Ryder gives me a small peck before looking back to the road and driving off.

His face remained straight and it scared me a little.

"Can we see the movie another day? I'm not feeling up to it."

"Sure." I wasn't sure what was up with him but I decided not to pressure him. He dropped me off at my house  before going next door to his house.

I look for my mom but she wasn't in so I go to my dad. Both my parents were so understanding, so I didn't have much trouble talking to them about these kind of things.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" I sit down at the kitchen table and my dad instantly knew there was something I needed to get off my chest.

My father was probably one of the most understanding person there is, when it comes to boy talk, especially bad boy talk.

I tell him everything from the day of the dinner to today, including the treehouse part. Once I finish, my dad immediately goes to the treehouse part.

"I'm calling Ryder over." Oh god.

"Dad! No, I started it, he didn't even go through with it." I hear my dads phone ringing as he puts a finger on his lips.

He sits back down at the table, once he's done with the phone call, he tells me that Ryder will be over in a minute.

Not long after, the doorbell rings and my dad opens it. I start to hear that familiar voice as it approaches the kitchen.

We all sit down at the table before my dad started speaking.

"I heard what happened at the treehouse, Ryder." My dad leans back on his chair as Ryder scratches the back of his neck. "And I thank you for doing the right thing. You were man enough to stop it before anything else happened, whereas any other boy wouldn't care whether she was a virgin or not."

"It was no problem at all, I thought she'd prefer to give it to the person she loves." This was a very awkward chat, for me at least.

"I don't believe in love and you know it." I fold my arms as they both roll their eyes at me.

"Anyway, Ryder, I appreciate what you did for my daughter but can we talk in private?" My eyes widen, what could my father possibly want to speak to Ryder about in private?

This is going to be a long day