"Whoa!" Raf exclaimed as he was scooped up by Ratchet. "Hey, little fella." He laughed as he set down the surprised Raf.  Then he noticed Nova and try to do the same thing. "Woah there! I'm not into scooping." Nova said taking a leap backwards.

"Alright, what's your secret?" Arcee asked.

"No secret, just a thing I like to call...synth-en." Ratchet answered as he threw a batch to Arcee.

"From the data bulkhead transcribed?" Arcee said "I thought the formula was..."

"Incomplete? Heh, not anymore."

Bumblebee buzzed, sticking his face into the green batch then passing it to Bulkhead."So Ratchet makes a better tough guy then I do a smart guy?" Bulkhead said as he handed the stuff to Optimus.

"Ratchet, I question the wisdom of using yourself as a test subject." Optimus said.

"Test subject?" Nova said quietly, turning to Ratchet. 'He used the Synthetic energon on himself?'

"Optimus, you didn't see Ratchet out there, he was in overdrive! We should all try this stuff." Arcee protested.

"Or give Ratchet more so we can have a vacation!" Bulkhead exclaimed.

"I agree the test results seem promising," Optimus started. "but I recommend that further testing be confided to machines. Not Autuobots." He handed the vial back to Ratchet. "Outnumbered though we may be, old friend. We need more of a warrior in the laboratory right now more than we need another in the field."

 Ratchet made a quiet sigh to himself as he turned to the computer, but as the others went off to mind there own business. Nova noticed he followed after them notably down the hallway.

 'In the field?'  those last words repeated in NOva's head and got her thinking. 'If I managed to discover and control my powers, will it be enough for me to be out there?'

 With everybody gone there separate ways in the base, She walked back towards her room. She left Campy with Raf so that he could have a peaceful nap . She made sure there was no one nearby following so that she could practice her powers. Nova thought about her lightning power and wonder if she could try something new. Taking a deep breath, Nova widen her hand out and concentrated hard until a sphere of blue energy that was the size of a softball came out.

Like a pitcher throwing the softball, Nova threw it hard towards the wall, but it slowed down and disintegrate before it made contact with the wall. She sighed heavily and tried again. Soon it began to frustrate her that no matter how many times she  tried it ended with the same result. A frustrated groan escaped her lips when the last energy ball disintegrate again.

"Ok, that was so sad. Just what is it that I'm doing wrong." Nova sat down crossed legged. She's been thinking for 10 minutes of how she was unable to create an energy ball when all of a sudden she heard a loud smashing noise, as Nova whipped her head towards the hallway. 

"Woah, What was that?" Nova asked herself. "Hm....Maybe there over doing the training a little bit?" 

She stood up from her place as she head back to the main room. When she arrived there, she saw Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee came walking into the room as well but acting a bit too casual. "What's wrong with you guys? You seem acting strange." Nova asked.

Then another green flashing alarm came on, "Looks like the Cons hit another vein." Arcee said.

"Autobots roll out!"He said wasting no time.

"Hey, hey. Shouldn't we wait for out secret weapon?" Bulkhead asked.

"This mission is unlikely to require medical expertise." OPtimus said.