First Smile

THey were at the base, doing their usual thing. NOva also informed them about her super strength by lifting a crate, much to their surprised even Miko who just squealed at her. Ratchet explained theoretically that it might have been her power growing stronger which allowed her to gained new abilities since she was a techno-organic. Raf apologised to NOva that he didn't return her pet 2 days ago due to celebrating his brother's birthday. Jack said, looking at the photos in Raf's cellphone, "Wow, you sure have a big family." Raf said, "Yeah, We were celebrating my brother birthday. It was good times...." Nova stared at the picture of his family that he took from the party. She saw how happy he's family are, it made her envious to see them smile. She never celebrated a party ever since she was born. Nova sighed sadly, "You have a wonderful family, Raf...... It's nice to see you celebrated a birthday party." which caught JAck's attention as he asked, "Are you alright, Nova?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Nova replied, as she stood up from the couch and heading to where OPtimus was. Jack and Raf seems to noticed her depressed look. As they shared a look, wondering what she was depressed about. Miko was staring at Nova for second before walking over to the boys. Raf asked, "You don't think Nova feels depressed when she saw my picture of your family."

JAck replied, "I guess.....she seems very envious of you to have one." Miko then came between them on the couch and said, "I see that but.......More importantly, Have you ever seen Nova smile before?" Jack and Raf stared at her for minute and didn't respond to her questions. Their guardians heard Miko's question as well from the distance. Come to think of it, no one had ever seen Nova smile since she discovered her origin. All they ever seen was her demeanor expression and serious look. Bulkhead said, "I don't think I ever seen Nova smile or laugh before." Arcee added, "Seems that way." Bumblebee agreed to them as well.

Raf said, "Well, she has been in the Mech Facility for 10 years. Maybe she never experience happiness before." They thought about Nova and wonder if what Raf meant was true. All her life, she has only learned how to fight and battle but never given something what she needed. Jack said, "Poor Nova....when she saw your picture, it reminded of the time Dr. Login made her become a part of her family. She never experience to have a fun or having a family before." They seem very pity to see Nova to be in her devoid state. BEcoz of MEch, she was never been outside all her life, only she was sent on mission. She never get the chance to experience the lifetime of her life. Miko thought of something before asking, "Hey, she did say she doesn't have a birthday, right?"

Jakc noticed her mischievous smile and asked, "Miko, your not planning on something crazy, are you?"

"No, But I have an idea that would make Nova surprised."

Everyone huddled in before listening to Miko's idea, planing what they have in stored for NOva.

Later  

It was time to head back, Nova heard the news that it's going to rain which she despised it. She hates getting wet and not to mentioned having her clothes soaked. SHe couldn't used her bike to get back and couldn't let Campy get wet also. She was about to go with Optimus to asked if he could send her back to her site before Jack came to them. Jack called, "Hey, OPtimus, Nova?!"

Both of them turned to Jack as he asked, "OPtimus, Is it alright if Nova stays at my house?" Nova blinked at him with confusion which questioned Jack's motive. OPtimus questioned, "Is there a reason? Jack."

"Well.....It's kinda raining outside so I thought maybe she could stay at my house. I mean you don't want her to get sick." Jack explained. NOva and Campy shared a look which seems suspicious of what Jack as she turned to see Miko had a mischievous  grin on her face before getting into Bulkhead. She felt Opitmus' gaze fall on her for a moment as if he was having thoughts before turning to Jack.