Ch.2

GUARDIAN ANGEL

MIRA

It's a sunlit day of late spring as the sky holds a soft blue glow.

I'm currently in my garden, revising for exams. I discreetly take out the drawing of my angel that I finally finished. I stare at it, thinking why did I draw a male guardian angel and not a female one?

Is there maybe a reason behind it? Or maybe a sign? Maybe my guardian angel is a male.

I stand up and make my way into the house, pick up my lunch and exit the house, running to school. Thank goodness it isn't raining.

As I finally enter the school, I see the teacher on her way to the classroom. Without a second glance, I rush into the classroom and sit at my chair, taking out all my school equipment and breathe out a sigh of relief. She sits down at her desk and starts the register.

Afterwards, she starts the lesson and explains about a paired work project for science.

Oh great. Not paired work again. I'm not good at making friends nor socialising.

Then when I hear mine and Namjoon's name, my eyes widen. I'm Namjoon's partner? No way!

Namjoon places his bag on the floor next to my seat and sits beside me. "Hi, Mira." He greets, smiling widely with his dimples showing.

HIS DIMPLES-

I smile back. "Hi, Namjoon." I'm so bad at this.

He chuckles before questioning. "So, this pair work...you know about this topic, right?"

I nod. "Yes, of course."

"Alright, then. Let's get started." He nods.

I nod while both of us make a list of the equipment we need for the project.

EVENING TIME . . .

I sit down for dinner with my family while watching TV.

All of a sudden, so many things play in my mind. The project, Hopeworld, my guardian angel and Namjoon.

That picture I drew of my angel, he seems very handsome.

But I haven't given him a name.

I want his name to define sunshine, angel and hope.

Suddenly, a knock on my bedroom door snaps me out of my thoughts. "Come in." I utter.

The door opens, revealing my sister. She sends me a grin and walks towards me, sits beside me on my bed. "What you doing?"

Fantasising about my guardian angel.

"Um, revising?" My answer comes out as a question and I hold up my revision book.

She nods. "Mum made chocolate cake."

Just the mentioning of chocolate cake makes me get up and hastily run downstairs to the kitchen before my sister could get to it.

When I reach the kitchen, I glance at the empty empty box only to see that the chocolate cake is all gone. My eyes widen in shock and I dart my head to my sister's direction and she runs away while laughing evilly. I run after her and scold her.

NIGHT TIME . . .

I go straight to bed after freshening myself up in the bathroom.

I tuck myself into bed and just stare into the ceiling, visualising what Hopeworld may be like, what it may contain, how I wish I could live my life there.

At times, I wish I could run away from home and enter my Hopeworld, where I could be away from all the problems I'm facing and live with my guardian angel.

I take out my sketch again and place it on my lap. I smile at it and trace my fingers over the outline of those eyes, lips and nose.

If only he were real.

I sigh and tuck my sketch inside my revision books on the bedside table. I switch my lamp off and lie down, drifting off to sleep.

Third Person's POV

But little did Mira know that a spark of light that looks somewhat like a butterfly, flies into her room and suddenly vanishes, taking the form of a human.

The figure sits on the bed beside Mira, who's fast asleep, and smiles widely at her.

His fingers tuck the strands of her hair behind her ear. He leans down and softly kisses her cheek before whispering, "Goodnight, Mira. Sweet dreams."

And this was the night that Mira's wish finally came true...

___________________________________

Now we're finally going to get to the good parts 😁👏

I hope you loved this, dongsaeng ❤️❤️I love you so much and I wish you all the happiness in the world, which you truly deserve💜