Niya opened her mouth to say one last thing, but Ken-La stopped her. "The kids will be safe. Don't worry, Niya. He already promised you he wouldn't do anything, okay?" Ken-La assured her.

Niya hesitantly nodded. "Okay. Thank you, Auntie..."

Bulma hugged her son. "Take good care of yourself, Trunks."

"I will," he said.

Then Bulma smirked. "Take extra good care of Niya for me, will you?"

Trunks simply nodded. "Yeah, I will."

Bulma slightly frowned. Trunks pulled away from his mother, not daring to meet her eyes because he knew she would read his emotions. "I was serious though, Trunks," Bulma continued. He finally met his mother's eyes. "This might be hard on Niya since she could possibly see her family and...," Bulma trailed off, but Trunks knew what she meant. He nodded in understanding. Bulma placed a gentle hand on Trunks' arm, "Be nice to Niya and don't make her upset, okay? That's all I ask of you."

Trunks felt slightly offended, but he knew what she meant by 'nice'. Sometimes, he would get mad at Niya simply because of mistakes she had made in the past. He wanted to let go of all his anger and sense of betrayal, but some of it still lingered. Even so, Niya would need him to be there for her, and he would, just like she was for him.

So, he met his mother's eyes once more and said with determination, "I will. I'll take care of Niya whenever I can, and I promise to make her smile whenever I can, too."

Bulma smiled proudly. "I knew you were going to anyways." Trunks gave her a half smile. She pulled her son into and embrace again. "I love you, son."

"I love you, too, mom," he said.

The four of them were outside, finishing up embraces and goodbyes. The time machine was standing tall and shiny in the bright and sunny day.

Trunks walked up to Niya after they both said their goodbyes to their family members at the same time. "You ready to go now?" he asked her.

Niya took a deep breath. Her whole body was tingling with excitement, but also nervousness. She turned to Trunks and smiled determinedly, "I'm ready."

He smiled back, remembering his promise, "Let's go then." Niya nodded. Trunks opened the time machine with the control in his hand. The two met each other's eyes before flying in.

× × ×

~ (PRESENT TIMELINE) ~

Everyone exclaimed in surprise as Yajirobe's plane soared in smoke towards the water.

"Ah!" Goku shouted. "Yajirobe!" Yajirobe's plane was descending quickly. They knew he would survive the crash, but it was still pretty horrible.

"There!" Piccolo shouted. "They're in the sky!" There were two indistinguishable figures in the sky that flew down into the city.

"They landed in the city!" Yamcha exclaimed.

"Did you see them?" Krillin cried.

"No," Goku replied, "I don't even know what they're like..." They were all confused. It was strange that they couldn't sense them. "But what's going on? I can't feel their ki's."

"They're robots," Gohan pointed out. "That means they don't have ki's."

Now that Yamcha had seen proof of the Androids, he was starting to panic a little. How were they supposed to track them down if the Androids didn't have any ki's?

"Where are they?" Tien asked, frantically scanning the city -- everyone was.

"Since we can't feel their ki," Piccolo began, "we'll just have to search for them the old fashioned way." That seemed to be the warriors' only option. They all nodded in agreement.