"Why hide the kids from me. You know I would have been there every step of the way, I wasn't raised that way." She looked at me confused, and scrunched her face up

"If you about to sit here and pretend that I never fucking told you I was pregnant, I'm going to need a whole fucking bottle because this conversation is not going to go anywhere." Now I was the one confused.

"What the fuck are you saying Riley Chante Jones. You never told me about your pregnacy. You-"

"Wow, you really believe your own lies don't you? I called you and texted you. You ignored my calls, I texted you that I was pregnant, you told me it wasn't yours and that you was going to block me. All this after you dumped me for no damn reason. Then you moved outta state, and I had no way of contacting you."

"Riley, why are you lying" I was more confused as ever right now. She looked at me, shook her head and threw the folder at me. "Read up you fucking liar. Nigga its been years own up to the fact that you a deadbeat and the only reason you wanna step up now is because you don't wanna look bad in the fucking press."

I had the folder in my hand and was about to read them, but she had just pissed me off. "Listen, I don't give a fuck about the press. They don't matter to me. Its three little kids growing up without a father, and that's what I care about."

"They haven't had you for six years they will be okay."

"Its things you cant teach them as a man, I "

"Ryan has been there since day one. Uncle daddy has provided for them, and taught them things that only a real man can teach them, and I'm sorry but your stupid ass don't fall into that category"

"Riley you really starting to piss me off, calm your little ass down."

"Just fucking read the damn papers stupid." She said pouring herself another drink. I think she was now on cup five. I open up the folder and it was text messages from years ago. It was when we was together. And sure enough it was a text telling me she was pregnant, and me telling her it wasn't mine. I never seen these messages before in my life. I never fucking knew the girl was pregnant. So if I didn't send these damn text who the fuck did.

"I never sent these texts to you. Do you make these on one of those fake texting app"

"Nigga, you so stupid. I'm convinced. I knew this day was going to come, and I wanted proof that I told you so I had the text copied onto paper. I stay ready. The judge will see those too, if it get that far."

"I never sent those text Chantae." She looked up at me, staring at my eyes for the longest.

"Well somebody did." I'm guessing she realized I was telling the truth because her whole demeanor changed. She had her hands over her face. Then she looked back at me. "Why, why wasn't I enough for you. Why did you just dump me like that. You don't know the fucking struggle of being a single mom. You was supposed to be there, you was supposed to be at the appointments, you was supposed to hold my hand during childbirth, you was posed to be there helping me plan birthday party's. You was posed to be there to teach the kids how to play ball. Everything that Ryan does, you are suppose to do. So why weren't you there? We planned out our whole future, and you switched up on me out the blue. How do you do that to someone you love?" She was crying now, I'm assuming it was because of the liquor she consumed. She always was an emotional drunk.

"Rye if I knew you were pregnant, i would have been there every step of the way"

"Why did you leave like that?"

"I couldn't face you Rye, I knew that if I saw you face to face that I would have forgiven you and took you back. I couldn't do that because I deserved better than for you to cheat on me and lie to me. How could you cheat on me for majority of our relationship?"

"What the fuck are you talking about. I have never cheated on you? I was faithful to you" Now i was getting mad.

"You was in a whole relationship with Jamie tho while we posed to be together. Did he take your virginity?" She then slapped me, and started yelling at me.

"I have never slept with Jamie, where did you get that from. I was not in a relationship with him either. I was his fucking tutor.Only nigga I was stupid enough to fuck back then was you."

"Keep your hands to yourself Chantae"

"Stop calling me by my fucking middle name, I dont give a fuck how serious you are."

"I saw a picture of you and Jamie, and yall was kissing. So dont sit here and lie and say yall was never together."

"Dude kissed me after he found out he passed the class, I didn't kiss him back, and I was going to tell you about it but you ignored me then dumped me. Your fucking communication is poor as fuck. We could have figured this shit out years ago if your stupid ass didn't cut all ties to me. Who fucking love somebody but don't fight for them. You never did love me did you? What was I to you?"

"Fuck! You never cheated, I never got the messages. Somebody set us up and it worked. It don't even matter anymore who did it and why. What matters now is the kids. We need to figure this out for them." She stared at me for a moment before she nodded her head.

"You 100% right. We are off topic. What happened years ago means nothing. Now, what do you suggest" for the first time tonight she wasn't in fight mode anymore.

"Let's set up a DNA test. When the results come back we sit them down and tell them. Then we co-parent Riley. You can move to New York because you can sing anywhere."

"Nigga you stupid, I'm not moving out of Atlanta, and I have more in Atlanta than a singing career. Why you playing they trying to trade your ass anyway, just come on down to Atlanta then."

"How you know about that"

"Media stupid."

"I'm not moving Riley"

"And you think we are. Naw, playa"

" We will figure it out, first things first I want to meet my kids."

"After the test you can meet them."

"If they are mine what's the hold up.?"

"They are yours. I'm 100 percent sure they are yours. I want the proof so that you are 100 percent sure that they are yours because I know you. And know matter how much Richie looks like you, in your mind you still questioning it." She got up to use the bathroom. I used that time to call Ella. It went to voicemail again. But she texted me:

Ella

I'm not going to lie and say I'm okay because I'm not. But I dont think I can marry you anymore. The wedding is off. I already picked up all my things from the house. Please stop calling me.

I threw my phone against the wall, and it shattered. "Fuck" Riley then came out the bathroom. "What's wrong Lo."

"I don't want to talk about it." I went and grabbed the bottle of liquor and started drinking right out the bottle. I was about to drink every last problem away.

"Well I'm about to go. Call me once your phone is fixed."

"Wait" I grabbed her hand. "can you just stay and talk to me. Tell me about the kids" I didn't want to be alone another night, and even though I knew nothing sexual was about to happen, i needed Riley. I needed to be in her space for some reason. She came back in and took her shoes off and got comfortable. She talked to me all about the kids. I watched as her face lit up when she talked about the kids. We were drinking and talking. It felt like old times. I felt like I had my friend back even if it was only for the night.