SUS|22- Fam Bam

Suspect Chapter Twenty-two
Fam Bam
~
We've come so far...
~
18 years later, 2045

{Ember's Pov} age 46

"Yes mom, I will be there...don't worry" he said.

Wearing a small smirk on my face, I looked around at the intersection and made a left to merge onto a new road. "Okay because I just really want you, your brother and sisters to be there tonight. I think we should all have a family meeting since it's been a little over a year since we all got together, you know. With you in boarding school, Mariah living her own and Mehki doing God knows what....I just wanna see all my babies in one place, you know"

"Yeah I get it, mom. I um–....I can't wait to see you...and I have something to tell you but yeah, I'll be there. I promise" Kahlil said over the phone.

"Okay. I'll see you later on tonight then. I love you and be careful coming down here"

"Aight, mom. Love you too"

Hearing him hanging up, I sat my phone down on the passenger seat and kept my focus on the road ahead. Today was going to be a very special day for all of us. The kids had no idea that Nymir was going to be released today and I wanted to surprise them over dinner. It's been...a long journey for all of us and this was the day we've all been waiting for.

I'm older now and I thought I'd never see the day that I had three damn kids by one man– or with a man at all. It's crazy to think about I was back then and to look at myself now. I always thought I was going to be marrying Ciara and we'd adopt a kid after I got comfortable with the family lifestyle. And yet none of my kids were adopted and I had them on my own. All three of them were made from love...

After Mehki, I got pregnant two more times even while Nymir was locked up. We all know how I got pregnant the second time when Nymir came home but the third time...was....interesting. I'm sure Ashanti would be shocked to find out she was conceived in a....janitor's closet in Sing Sing Prison.

Yeah, and that's how it happened...

Anyways, Mehki himself is reaching the age of 21 and is living his life just the way he wants to I suppose. He never talks to me about anything sadly, he's more of a daddy's boy. Since he's grown now anyways, I really have no say so in what he gets into but more than anything I just want my baby to be safe out her in these streets.

Mariah has come around to being extremely close to her half-siblings. I have to admit that with the way her mother acted, I didn't think Mariah would be apart of the big picture. Fortunately, I was wrong and Mariah is like a second daughter to me. I still don't get along with Yasmine herself but we're cordial.

My second son is Kahlil, the mama's boy. While Mehki has a bold personality, Kahlil is more laid-back and chill ever since his reality check a few years ago. He loves his family and is currently in college upstate.

Last is my baby girl, Ashanti. Infamously was conceived in a closet in prison after her father requested some privacy during one visitation. After her, I damn sure wasn't having anymore kids but of course Nymir tried. Ashanti is um– quite the character herself. She reminds me of how I used to be but is very young and still needs to figure out a lot of things. She's only 16 right now but with a lot going on.

I'm sure she'll be a little scared to see her father again after so much time but hopefully things go well. As for me and Nymir personally,....we're sadly not together anymore.

Those 22 years really put our relationship on the rocks. For a long time, we stayed together just for the sake of the kids but then...he...somehow started talking to someone he used to be with way before we even knew each other. Then she started visiting him and really taking his attention off of me and the kids. In a way, I felt betrayed but I didn't let it get me in the dumps. Instead I dumped him and told him to do this shit without me...and for some time, he did.