SUS|5- Strapped Up

Warning: Cliffhanger! Want another part today? I'll update again if this part can get 15+ votes before 7 o'clock eastern time.🤗📖💯

Suspect Chapter Five
Strapped Up
~
I was showing out, but everyone did say to do me. So I did....and quite a few other people too...
~
Days later, July
Marcy Playground
Brooklyn, NY 🗽

Falling from Nymir's aggressive passing, I bust my ass hardly on the concrete in front of all my friends sitting on the bench. "Damn, b! You showing off" I yelled, watching him slam dunk.

Still on the ground, he jogged back over to lend me a hand and to help me to my feet. After I was up, I pushed him aside and snatched the ball from his hands. "So we playing dirty, huh?" I asked with sweat dripping down my face as I dribbled the ball in front of me.

He smiled it off and took position to defend me, doing all this extra shit by jumping side to side as I stared at the court. Dribbling the ball and running slightly over to my right, I shot the ball right through the rim for a three pointer.

"Dammmnnn!" The bench said, seeing the whole thing from the side.

Celebrating by clenching my muscles together like Curry, I yelled from victory and turned to the crowd of our friends.

"Yeah bro!" I heard Carter specifically say as she stood up all hype. "I taught you that! I taught you that!"

Laughing it off, I looked at Nymir who was rolling his eyes at the whole thing. He gave me my props though and took the L like a champ. Then Mo came over to rub it in his face. "Damn nigga! You just gone let her Curry you like that! Nah, play me now, b"

Walking away and back over towards Carter, she handed me my water bottle and praised me for my comeback still. I sat down and squeezed the well needed water into my mouth before pouring some over my head to cool off. As I picked up my shirt to wipe my forehead, Carter got my attention by bumping my shoulder.

I looked up to Mo calling me over as him and some girl next to him looked at me. I got up and took my water with me to go see what was up. "Yo?"

He looked down at her. "This is my cousin Layla, she um...wanted to talk to you"

The girl named Layla blushed. "Just put me right on the spot, hi...I'm Layla" she said as reached out her hand.

I shook. "Ember"

"Mo you can leave now" she chuckled, dismissing him away as she pulled me towards the other side of the playground.

"Don't kidnap my brother, girl!" He yelled from behind us.

Following her over to the picnic area, she took a seat and so did I. Wearing a sun dress and some sandals, her brown clear skin glowed in the sunlight. "Don't listen to him, I just wanted to talk to you. I watched your three pointer from the swings. You showed the hell out of that one boy"