SUS|21- Make it Count

Suspect Chapter Twenty-one
Make it Count
~
He had to make it count...
~
2 years later, 2025

Two years has gone by and it's been...ok. Sure, I had my lonely days. Even cried myself to sleep a few times but as the days started to pass me by, I grown used to our separation. I've been so focused on Mehki who is now about to be three years old and in preschool. I've been working like crazy on top of that since I am the manager now of 40/40. A lot of my life has progressed since those three infamous years. It has done nothing but made me a responsible, nurturing mother who is not ashamed of  her mixed sexuality.

4:18 PM
Greenpoint, NY

"Mehki?.....Mehki?!....The dog isn't going to hurt you" I said, yelling through her hallways until I found him cowering on the steps.

The dog isn't going to hurt you" I said, yelling through her hallways until I found him cowering on the steps

"I don't like the doggie mommy"

"Why? He's not going to get you, he's so cute and fluffy. Come on, I'm not going to let him get you" I said, offering my hand as he got up.

I fixed his clothes and took off his jean jacket. "I just wanna watch cartoons"

"Awe, stop being a punk. He just a puppy but okay..., let me turn the TV on"

Walking him back into Ashley's living room, I helped him on to the couch and turned on the TV by the remote. I took a few minutes to find Cartoon Network and made sure he was cool before I went back outside in the backyard. Despite her really looking daddy-ish as fuck right now, I didn't like that she kept scaring my baby with the dog.

 Despite her really looking daddy-ish as fuck right now, I didn't like that she kept scaring my baby with the dog

"I should kick your ass for scaring my son, you know Max get hype with kids"

She sucked her teeth as I sat down again. "Oh he just wanted to lick em, stop moaning"

I gritted my eyes at her and sipped on my Hennessy.

"When his pops coming home again?"

"Tomorrow" I said, and smiled at my drink from the thought.