Chapter 12

Aimée walked out of the motel, lost in thought. She walked down to a coffee shop on the corner and ordered a caramel macchiato and then sat down to wait for it. Right after the waitress brought her her drink, she exhaled a breath and then called for Cas.

A few seconds later with a whoosh he showed up in the cafe, sliding into the booth next to her.

"Sam and Dean found out about us," Aimée says softly looking at her macchiato.

"What did they say?" he asks.

"Dean seemed pissed and Sam didn't say anything," she says.

"Do you think I should talk to them?" he asks in his usual gravelly tone.

"I don't know," she says.

He sighs and puts an arm around her, hugging her. Aimée rested her head on his shoulder, her hand on the cup.

Aimée finished her macchiato, lost in thought.

"What are you thinking about, Aimée?" Cas asks her.

"I'm worried about them," she says softly as she holds the empty cup.

"I made a promise to always keep them and you safe, and I assure you, they are fine right now," he says.

"I know, but I had that dream again," Aimée says looking at him.

"The one where you can't save Sam and Dean?" he asks.

She nods, and he sighs and then says, "I'm not very familiar with human psychological concepts, but I believe it may be your irrational fears manifesting themselves in your unconscious while you sleep. What I mean is it's not real and being scared of it will not accomplish anything so you should not be afraid of it."

Aimée looked at the table, bouncing her leg. Cas gently put his hand on her knee and she stopped, and he told her, "It'll be okay. I promise."

"I'm sorry," she says softly as the waitress walks over and hands her her bill, asking if Cas wanted anything.

He said no, and then Aimée and Cas spent the rest of the night talking about anything but hunting and cases.