Lockdown ;;

"It's a high of ninety two degrees with scattered clouds for the remainder of the afternoon, with lows of up to eighty six, perfect for a beach day here in Linewell Park. Stay tuned, however? for the upcoming, urgent news..."

With sand in the crevasses of my toes and my hair decently dripping with saltwater, my eyes fall upon the screen. There's a bustling crowd surrounding the flatscreen, children and adults alike. I stand towards the back, scrubbing my head with vigor as I attempt to get my hair somewhat dry.

"Greetings, citizens of Linewell Park!" the mayor greets with a wave. "I apologize for the sudden inconvenience, but the town will be on lockdown for the next couple days."

A wave of murmurs surfs through the crowd before silence sweeps over them as the mayor continues, "Two triple X class Sorcerers has infiltrated the heart of Minecraftia in this very city, but I urge you not to worry. Agency Crafted, as well as associating Battalion, will be hunting down the Sorcerer. If you see these two men, report your sighting immediately to the police. We appreciate your cooperation."

Correspondingly, two wanted images flag across the screen. Both men are adorned in long, non-shape defining, raggedy cloaks of mauve with faces blocked by their hoods. It's convient they hadn't shown their appearance, I deadpan to myself, considering the fact that they could be anybody without their cloaks worn.

My day-off from work comes to a screeching halt as the vibration of my watch is set off. Groaning in slight despair, I linger towards the nearby alleyway between a jewelry shop and Vietnamese restaurant, then pick up the call. Martin's projection appears in front of me. (Bodil40, for those of you who may have forgotten).

"I'm assuming you heard the news considering the frown on your face," he snickers, strolling closer to my figure. It's quite laggard as he attempts to slap me. His hand goes through my face, of course. "Lighten up, will you?"

"I'm presuming you want me back at Headquarters," I reply, voice laced with bitterness. Despite the sentence appearing as a question, I deadpanned more as a statement.

The giddy giggle on his stretched lips answers my statement, "Boss wants you here straight away! They're sending a car to your location as we speak!"

"Bloody hell, I can't shower or change? I got sand stuck in my swimming trunks and flip-flops and I'm not even wearing a shirt!"

"Cover yourself up with that handy towel, or maybe show up those glistening abs of yours. Isn't that the reason why you went to the beach? To show off that good body?"

I crinkle my nose and forehead up in detest for a moment before Martin belches the signature laugh of his, "Just kidding, dude! Anyway, I'll see you later."

We say our goodbyes and his hologram shatters into fragments, dissipating into the sky. I track the car in the meanwhile, seeing as I'm not allowed to leave my location. Sure enough, it arrives not too long after, with the door automatically opening in front of me. I step out of the alleyway and sit inside, soaking the velvet seats with a mixture of saltwater and sand.

"The damages to that seat are going to be taken off your paycheck," the driver monotonously announces, starting up the engine.

"Whatever, I'll tell Adam it was his fault for wanting me so soon," I roll my eyes while dusting off the sand from my towel. I attempt to dry my hair again and style it, using the window as a mirror of sorts. No avail it seems as it has become all limp and soggy.

The drive, mainly, is silent, with the occasional sneeze the driver emits. Headquarters is the literal heart of Linewell Park, which is quite the idiotic placement in my opinion but I very much digress. It's a skyscraper, housing approximately eighty two floors filled to the brim with bustling personnel: whether simple associates, trainees, or agents—permanent residents.

The tower itself seems to be picturesque with its magnificent architecture and aesthetically pleasing design. Despite the simple exterior, the interior holds rather high-leveled security. It's got everything from shatter-proof glass windows to explosive and heat resistance. I should know. I'm not one to brag, but I did assist in the design of building in my late teens.

What the hell, I am bragging! The building is magnificent.

~

and that's the end oof
my creativity is limited nowadays