There

au where seto did not get kicked from team crafted, but actually left

play the song whenever you'd like

***song is by ryan ross ; it's called "Where I Belong"

***

The Skype call went silent.

"Are—" Adam's voice trailed off, "—are you sure you want to leave?"

Seto slouched back in his chair, shifting uncomfortably. His voice was a bit shaky, and he felt his eyes burning, "Yeah, I just want to leave Team Crafted. I want to go my own direction, you know?"

"Is it because of what I said?" Mitch interrupted. Seto saw the panic in his eyes; the fear that it was his fault.

Seto saw the same expression in everyone's faces, actually. He chose for himself to not be seen, he didn't want them to see him crying. Weakness is what he was afraid of.

"No, it's not that," Seto threw out his most convincing fake laugh. "I mean, I'm just—holding you all back that's all."

"Seto—"

"But things have to end eventually. I'll be going now, I hope you all understand."

Seto abruptly left the call.

He stared at the Skype conversation. Quickly, he shut off his computer and stared at his own reflection. His hair was messy and his eyes stung from holding back tears. He released an exasperated sigh, feeling the orbs collapsing from his mocha colored eyes.

"You're fine now," he muttered to himself. He stood up and headed towards bed. Laying down, he tuck himself in and buried his face into the blankets. Lavender—they smelled of lavender.

***

The next day wasn't any better.

Seto's phone was blowing up with text messages. His notifications from twitter were booming; confused fans and worried friends. Unfamiliar faces and ones that he had not spoke to in years. He muted his phone, then put his pillow over his head.

Five more minutes he'd promise himself. Just simply five more minutes in bed, then he'll check his computer.

Oddly five minutes had turned into ten; proceeding that became an hour. He didn't get up, he had lost motivation to do so. The scents of lavender stayed with him. Tears that stung his eyes burned through his pillow like acid; the dampness had annoyed him.

He didn't get up that whole day. No food, no interaction, no thoughts. Sleep—he wanted to sleep his worries away.

Permanently.

***

The next day came rushing in.

Seto was extremely hungry, almost to the point where he could eat anything. He hadn't touched his phone in a day, his computer in two. Sometimes he would hear voices telling him to get up, but his body refused for him to do so.

He wished someone would just come over and help him.

He basked in the warmth of his blankets. They smelled like sweat and tears—both as salty as he. God, how much he had already regret his decision.

"Maybe I should get up," he muttered aloud to himself.

He managed to roll out of bed. He stood, body feeling heavy and arms numb. He shuffled across the floor, bumping into the door to his room in the process. He went into the kitchen.