420

"We lost him again?" Brice shouted as he collapsed nearby a tree. His face was sweaty and his skin was flushed with a bright red shade. They had been running for the past couple hours, only surviving on stamina and health potions.

"Chill, I'll just—" Jason's voice trailed off as he reached into his back pocket, "—shit, we actually lost him."

"I mean he can't go far right?" Mitch tried to brighten up the mood as he caught up with the others. "He's short after all. Three of our steps equals eighteen of his steps."

"It was a mistake going to the Nether," Adam shook his head. Ty rested on his back, seeming to be napping. "There's shit chasing us, but we managed to lose them. What about Seto?"

Brice shook his head as he stood up, "We'll have to keep running and yelling his name, then."

"My name?" A feathery voice asked while stepping out of the shadows. "What about my name?"

It seemed so innocent. The group turned toward the young boy adorned in an orange cloak. Brice couldn't help but snicker, then run up to him, "You're so adorable! What are you doing out here all alone in the woods? Your parents must be worried sick about you!"

The boy had brunet hair, but with a slight tint of orange. His eyes were a yellow-orange color, which really complimented his outfit. He had his hood up, which was lined with that same yellow-orange color. His outfit consisted of a black cloak that had drooped towards his knees, lined with orange, a ripped white shirt, black ripped jeans, and white gloves. He had a creeper faced amulet that was orange. The boy didn't look as old as them, Brice had assumed he was around eight years old.

"My big brothers told me not to talk to strangers," he murmured. "But I lost them."

"What's your name?" Adam asked, suddenly bursting into the conversation.

"Blaze!" He smiled. "Seto Blaze."

Mitch took a pause, "That's ironic..."

"Just call me Blaze!" He shouted, waving.

"And how old are you?" Brice bent down to his height, giving a smile. Blaze smiled back.

Blaze took a pause while counting on his fingers. Jason tried his best not to burst out into laughter. Blaze eventually replied, "I just turned seven!"

"That's so fucking cute," Mitch snickered, holding his laughter as well. Jason kicked him in the shin.

"Language!" Jason had replied back in a whisper.

"We'll help you look for your big brothers, then," Brice smiled while taking Blaze's hand. It was small and warm. Adam took the other hand, managing not to drop Ty in the process. Blaze giggled and swung on their arms.

"What are your big brothers' names?" Adam replied.

"One is big brother Ender, but I like to call him Endy. The other is Brine, but I call him Sky. Then there's Wither, but I call him Mu. I have lots of big brothers!" Blaze smiled.

"And you're the youngest?" Ty questioned. Adam nearly shirked—he didn't even know Ty was awake.

"Yeah!" Blaze cheered. "Hey Mister, why are you so tall up there?"

"I'm on Adam's shoulders, that's why," Ty snickered, waving.

"Ah—" Blaze frowned, "—dam?"

"Kinda," Adam shrugged.

"Ada!" Blaze cheered. Adam tried his best not to burst into laughter right there.

"The golden haired guy is Brice," Ty pointed to the Australian.

"Ice," Blaze nodded. Brice didn't correct him.

"I'm Jason!"

"Jase!"

"I'm Ty."

"Tie?"

"And I'm Mitch."

"Myth!"

The group went silent, with only the humming of Blaze being evident. The sun was close to setting, and a breeze was picking up. Only now had they realized Blaze had an orange cape with rips in them. It blew softly in the breeze.

The sun had fully set, it was now nighttime. There were no stars above them, as well as no light to guide them. Jason managed to light a torch, and now he was leading the way. Blaze seemed to dislike the torch—he'd flinch whenever the flame had moved. Brice gave a small pat to his head.

After some more daunting hours of walking, they decided to set up camp. Mitch threw the backpack he was carrying on the ground while Jason had started a fire. Ty began to set up the tents, which were in Mitch's backpack, and Adam and Brice sat down with Blaze.

"Do you think your big brothers are looking for you?" Adam questioned.

"Yeah," Blaze nodded, rubbing his eyes. "They have to or daddy gets mad..."

"Who's your dad?" Brice questioned.

"He's always been there for us like a daddy would. I don't know his name, but everyone else knows and they won't tell me. Brine looks the most like daddy," Blaze pouted while crossing his arms. The flame danced in front of them.

"You should get some sleep," Brice cooed to the child. Blaze pouted.

"But—!"

"You're tired," Brice replied. Blaze pouted once more while giving a yawn. He leaned against Brice's shoulder, then quickly fell asleep. Adam and Brice made eye contact.

"You're obligated not to move," Adam whispered. Brice rolled his eyes and managed to set the boy to which he would be laying on his lap.

It was quiet now. The only sound that was emitted was the crackling fire. A couple minutes of peace had passed before a noise was heard in the distance. Adam raised his sword, Mitch raised his axe. Jason and Ty had gotten their bows out. White glowing eyes began to approach them. Mitch gulped, seeming to be nervous.

"Well, well," the figure sneered as his body was fully seen in the light. "Look at what we have here. These were the intruders to the Nether."

A figure with large, purple wings flew down. A crown was in his head. He looked like the boss from the End, except in human form. He snickered, "Looks like Seto wasn't so useless after all."

A third flew down. His whole body was a wither, but his head was human. There were two bats flying next to him—bats with little blue helmets that were equivalent to Jason's old astronaut helmet.

The three in front of them held an eerie resemblance to Adam, Ty, and Jason. Brice looked down to the sleeping boy on his lap, who looked eerily like Seto as well—except younger, smaller, and with a different color scheme. The three in front of the group seemed to notice it too.

"Hand us back our brother and we'll hand you back your precious Seto," Wither growled. Blaze woke up from hearing this and widened his eyes. He defensively grabbed Brice's arm in worry.

"Can we keep the purple Seto?" The winged beast asked. "I like him, he's strong."

The white eyed creature rolled his, well, eyes, "We've been over this. You can't bring creatures from this world into the Nether."

The wither of the group snickered, "Let's just kill them and get it over with."

Blaze frowned, gazing at the fire. He lifted his hand up, causing the whole fire to go upwards. He aimed towards the group of three, then shouting, "Leave them alone!"

"Seto—" the winged beast frowned, "you can't pick fights with us, remember?"

The winged beast sneered as he lunged forward, grabbing the seven year old by the neck. He screamed and began to thrash in the sharp grip. Brice frowned, shouting.

"Leave him be!" The Australian bellowed as he punched the winged beast in the stomach.