NINETEEN

disclaimer: giving descriptions is something i struggle with so hard, so please with me-

+

grayson's luxury apartment was about twenty minutes from arabella's house, plus an additional fifteen minutes from traffic.

arabella made her way through the lobby before riding an elevator up to grayson's floor.

she found his room number, then knocked on the door.

a shirtless and sweaty grayson answered the door, out of breath with a towel wrapped around his neck and basketball shorts on.

arabella's breath hitched at the sight, considering he looked exactly like ethan, and she smiled at him nervously.

"hey grayson," she said as grayson looked her up and down. "hey arabella," he said, continuing to check her out. "i thought you were coming over later, but come in," he moved to the side and arabella walked in.

his living area was very nice with plain white walls and a spiral staircase leading to the upstairs plus an array of couches placed in the middle. multiple lights hung from the platformed ceiling and the kitchen had various plants around it.

arabella went over to the beige couch, sitting down and crossing her legs. grayson sat adjacent to her on the other couch beside where she was.

"sorry about my appearance i didn't expect you to come right away," he chuckled and arabella giggled, lowkey enjoying the view.

"it's okay. i mean, all i did was ask for your address. sorry about that," arabella

"you're totally fine, but let me go get a shirt real quick," grayson started to get up, but arabella placed a hand on his knee. "no it's fine. sit down," she ordered and grayson slowly sat back down.

"so," grayson dragged out, awkwardness starting to fill the room, "why did you come? did you need anything or?" sweat dripped from his face and he had to use the towel to wipe it away.

"yeah i did," arabella said, putting both hands on her knee. grayson nodded his head, signaling for her to keep going. "i want to know how things turned out for you and ethan, but he's being an asshole."

grayson smirked, wiping his face again. "that's ethan for you. a total asshole," he jokingly replied, doing jazz hands which made arabella giggle again.

"but why though? did the two of you not make up?" arabella asked, narrowing her eyebrows in concern. "oh we made up. i don't know why he couldn't have just told you that," grayson did dramatic hand motions as he talked, causing arabella to laugh.

"yeah he won't even tell me why you two hated each other in the first place," grayson's face immediately went from smiling to serious in split second. arabella paused and stopped smiling too, getting kind of worried.

"he didn't tell you?" arabella shook her head no and grayson face palmed himself. he then muttered something before taking a deep breath.

"your so called perfect boyfriend ethan is actually a cocaine snorting alcoholic who has been lying to you this whole time."

+

i know i put in my flashback chapter that ethan went to rehab, but who knows maybe he's back on his bullshit🤷🏾‍♀️