~ Part 24- Cuddles And Serious Conversations

Nate's POV: We made it home and I turned off the car, unbuckling myself and Caroline. I looked at her and I suddenly saw she was crying. I touched her shoulder and she cried into my chest. I held her, letting her cry. I asked, "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" She looked up at me, "I just missed you." I smiled at her and kissed her head. "I missed you too." I replied.

I turned to the door and opened it, going around to the other side letting Caroline out. We walked into the house and Sammy greeted us. We pet him and walked upstairs to Caroline's room.

~Caroline's Room~

I closed her door and she went to sit on her bed. I walked up to her and kneeled in front of her, making her look at me. She kissed me and I kissed back and I held her face. We pulled away and just stared at each other for a bit, but then Caroline said, "I'm tired, I wanna go to sleep now." She took off her shoes and laid down and I put the covers over her. I was about to leave, but she said, "Wait, I want you to stay with me until I fall asleep." I sat down in a chair next to her bed and held her hand, watching her sleep.

~Later~

Caroline's POV: I woke up and saw Nate was still beside me, making me smile. He smiled back and asked, "How was your nap?" I hummed quietly and responded, "I feel better." He smirked at me saying, "That's good." I smiled wider until I saw Nate's smile fade, so I asked, "What's wrong?" He sighed, "I can't stay for very long." I frowned asking, "How long can you stay?" He looked away and fidgeted slightly as I waited for him to tell me what happened. I sighed, "If it's tomorrow, that's fine as long as I have you for the rest of today." He looked at me again and smiled slightly, "I can stay the weekend." I grinned widely and jumped up to hug him, making him chuckle hugging back. I felt his warmth and his heart beating rapidly. I kissed his cheek and he blushed a little bit, making me giggle. He smiled and looked at me with such a tender love that I blushed too, having to look away. He pulled my face back to his and kissed my lips soothingly and I kissed back. I smiled again and I held him timidly around his torso, feeling my body heat up. I started to let go, but Nate held tighter making me squirm so he let go and I lifted my body off of his standing. He turned around and I led him out of my bedroom, going downstairs.

~Downstairs~

We made it to the kitchen and I said, "Hi mom." She turned around and smiled at me until she looked at my stomach again, frowning seeing my big stomach. I walked up to her and asked, "Is there something you wanna talk about?" She nodded and said, "I wanna talk to you alone." I nodded and told Nate, "I need to talk with my mom right now." He nodded and left to the other room, so then I sat down at the kitchen table waiting for mom to sit with me. She sighed and told me, "I don't think it's best for you to be pregnant right now." I looked down and said, "I don't think it's possible for me to not be pregnant now mom, I'm pretty far along." She nodded and responded, "I know, but I wish you had thought about this more." I started to get angry and almost shouted, "Mom, we were careful I told you." She scoffed and said, "Not enough." I stood up and finally shouted, "If you have something to say, say it!" She looked at me shocked and said, "You should calm down." I growled and said through gritted teeth, "I tried to be calm, but you are making that really hard." Mom sighed, "I just don't want you to not take care of yourself, because the last time you got pregnant, you lost it because of Nate not being there." I sighed too, "I feel like this pregnancy will make it this time, I can feel it moving and I know Nate will be a wonderful father." Mom looked at me sympathetically, "I hope so." I sat down again and said, "I know he will, he will be here enough to help me care of our child." She looked over at him in the other room and said, "He better be." I sighed and got up to go see Nate. He smiled at me and I sat on his lap, kissing his forehead looking over at mom seeing her reaction to us made me smile.