Mine

Chapter 15

"It's sooooo hot!" Anna whined.

I placed the tray of iced tea on the table and tied my hair into a bun. "Here drink this." I said, handing her and Gio a glass.

Ding dong.

"Be right back." I said to them and walked over to the front door. I opened it and saw a petite girl with blackish, shoulder length, fluffy hair and brown, hazel eyes. She was wearing a 1975 black shirt and jeans shorts.  Kate.

"Ohmygod, what're you doing here?" I squealed and pulled her into a hug.

"Figured you miss me so I came and flew all the way here and guess what? I'm right." she said, grinning. "Plus, to be honest, it was boring there without you."

I smirked. "Aw. You can't live without me. I knew it!"

She rolled her eyes. "So can we go inside? it's way too hot here." she said, fanning her face using her hands.

"Oh right! Come on in." I opened the door for her and helped her with her baggages. "How long are you staying?"

"Uhm. I dont know yet but I dont have to crash here. I'll just find a nice, small beach hous-"

"Nah. You're staying here." I cut her off and led her to one of the guest rooms upstairs.

"Thanks for letting me stay." she said as we entered the room.

"It's no biggy. I'll give you a minute to unpack and settle in then you go downstairs and we'll catch up okay?"

"Yea okay."

I went back to the living room where I left Gio and Anna. "Guys. Kate's here. She's gonna stay here for awhile." I announced. I noticed that the pitcher of ice tea I brought out earlier was empty.

"Really? Where?" Anna asked excitedly.

"Upstairs in one of the guestrooms." I said and picked up the empty pitcher to refill it.

"Can we go say hi?" Anna asked.

"Yea sure." I chirped and Anna ran off, pulling Gio with her. I walked over to the kitchen.

Ring ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi Pae!"

I smiled. "Hey."

"Its so hot right? So Riley and I thought of  a cool plan. Let's go ice skating! Get it? get it? COOL plan?"

I rolled my eyes but chuckled. "Yea I get it, you're not funny though."

"But you just chuckled!"

"Trying to be a good girlfriend."

"Hmp."

"Anyway, I can't go. I'm babysitting and I have a friend over sooo. Sorry! Maybe next time though?"

"What friend?" he suddenly asked, ignoring my apology.

"You know a friend, friend." I said.

"Who?" he asked sternly. Ooooh. someone's jealous.

Waha. This is is fun.

"Is it Irwin?" he asked.

"Nope."

"Xander?"

"Nah."

"Tin?"

"Khaela!" he said exasperatedly.

"Shane." I said calmly.