"Right, well I don't want to chalk this down as a simple fever as I'm not sure, that being said I'll pencil you in to come see me at 11 today, is that doable?"

"It is now, thank you so much doc, we'll see you at 11."

"Alright, take care Mrs.Stratton."

She hangs up and I google soups to combat nausea. I find one that sounds delicious: Greek Lemon Chicken Soup.

I get to work finding the things needed like the chicken, chicken broth, lemon, garlic, etc.

Surprisingly I don't botch it. I can cook but new meals from scratch is something I rarely get the first time.

"Jess, you still awake?" I ask.

A groan is my answer.

"I got you some soup and ginger ale, both are gonna help your stomach."

Slowly she sits up and accepts the tray from me. And right after she's eaten and finished her ginger ale she falls asleep.

Me, well I don't go to sleep afterwards. My mind reels with the thought that she's pregnant.

Seems like symptoms of pregnancy to me: nausea, headache, cramps. But then again those are symptoms of a period which tells us that she's not pregnant.

Maybe Jess has already considered this but she doesn't want to assume anything.

Wild thoughts carry me to 9:45 a.m. when I immediately get up and get ready.

After a shower I pull on black jeans, a grey tee, blue and black flannel, and black vans.

"Jess baby we have an appointment to see Dr. West at 11, I need you to get ready." I say, rubbing her arm.

She groans, nods, and gets up. Shortly after she's clad in black yoga pants and my old senior hoodie.

While I gather Zeus' stuff she rests on the edge of the bed briefly.

I pick up the little black bag of his stuff and then scoop him up," wifey, come on, gotta get you to the doctor."

Standing, she pouts and reaches for my hand. I chuckle and take it as we leave out.

On the way to the hospital I drop Zeus off with Markus.

As per usual we sign in at the doctor's office, wait a while, and then head back. Dr. West does her usual routine and Jess answers as many questions as possible.

I clear my throat," so doctor, I'm no expert, and I don't want to get my hopes up but, could this mean that she's pregnant?"

"It's likely yes," she nods," how likely, seeing as this is your first time doing the in vitro fertilization," her shoulders shrug," I'm not sure, which is why, Mrs. Stratton, I'm going to need a urine sample."

Jess nods and slides off the table, accepts the small plastic cup, and leaves out.

Trimester 2 -

"Jess where are we going?" I ask from the passenger seat of my truck.

My wife smiles brilliantly and doesn't say a word.

This woman! I can't complain because, well she's my woman, my wife. And god I love her.

She's made it to her second trimester, her stomach now bigger due to our baby. Finding out that the test was positive and that she is pregnant was the greatest thing in the world.

I reach over and grab her hand, lacing my fingers with hers and kissing her knuckles.

Her cheeks heat up.