Realization crossed her face. "Come with me." I followed her as she approached Will who had wandered off earlier.

"Hey bro, I have to go try on these dresses, do you think you can go with Alexa to the shop next door so she can find a dress?"

He looked reluctant in a confused way, it was a weird look.

"What's wrong with the dresses here."

"Nothing, she just... has a different taste?" It sounded more like a question.

"Um I'm still here you guys."

"Come on" Will took my arm as he made his way out the shop, me following closely behind.

I walked into the store, the cold air from the fan blowing through my hair.

The dresses here were more to my taste, Cathy was right, but also more affordable. She must have guessed since I was looking at the prices, that was nice of her not to say anything.

We spent some time just walking through the aisles, Will following behind me until I stopped in front of a navy blue dress.

It was strapless and stopped short above my knees as I tried it on. The sides were a bit see through as the material changed to a beautiful lace pattern.

I stepped out of the changing room, where Will was sitting whilst kindly waiting for me.

"So... " I trailed off. "What do you think?"

His eyes widened, "Hey you look hot!" He exclaimed.

"Shhh" I looked around. "Will!!" I told him off but I couldn't help the blush creeping on my face.
Sure he was the type who could say something so straightforward easily, but we had literally just met yesterday and he didn't have to shout it so loudly. I guess he was the player type that flirted with any girl as though it was nothing.

After deciding that this was the one. We made our way to the cashier together as I bought the dress. Just as the dress was handed to me, Will grabbed my arm and took us out of the shop.

We met up with Cathy in front of the mall. "Did you guys find anything nice?"

"Yeah, I'll show you later" I answered her before being interrupted.

"Okay yeah that's great, let's go eat I'm hungry!" Will said, a little too loudly.

I laughed at his figure that had already disappeared into the car.

Cathy grinned, "Let's go. I'm thinking pizza?"

I agreed. I hadn't even noticed how hungry I was whilst shopping but now that we were done I realised I was really starving.

We stopped on the road to grab two large pizzas that we could take with us. Cathy had suggested that we could go back to their house and Will was too absorbed in his thoughts about pizza to disagree.

~~~~~

"Wow." I admired the gigantic house in front of me. "Are you sure you guys live here? Am I dreaming?"

Apparently Cathy lived in a house in the richer part of the city whilst I moved into the outskirts as it was cheaper but also quieter; two qualities my mom and Matt had looked for when searching for a house.

We were standing in front of a beautiful house. The roofs, doors and windows were a rich mahogany wood that complemented the white of the walls that had pots of red flowers and vines cascading down the surface.

"Wait until you see the pool." Will grinned after seing my awe.

"T-there's a pool!?" I stuttered. Could this house get any better? I wonder if they'll let me come back here.

I have to admit, I never really had many friends before and I find it hard making them. I was really grateful to how quickly Will and Cathy had accepted me as their friend. Wait they did consider me their friend right? I brushed off the stupid thought. I knew that Cathy wouldn't have invited me out shopping and to their house if we weren't friends. I smiled at the idea.

"Hello, earth to Alexa." Cathy waved her hand frantically in front of my face.

"Do you think she's dead?" Will asked, earning him a smack on the head. "Good point, she's smiling like an idiot so I guess she must be alive."

"Sorry." I muttered.

Cathy sighed. "What do I do with you?"

I smiled again watching the sibling banter going on.

"Let's go in before the pizzas get cold!" Will rushed inside.

Of course he only had one thing on his mind. Though I guess we shared a love for food, but then again, who didn't love food?

"Hey you want to stay over?" Cathy asked.

It was getting quite late. I didn't want to bother them though.

"I don't want to impose."

"What? Are you kidding, you're not! Right Will?" Cathy looked at her brother.

"Depends, I won't be stuck attending a sleepover where you girls gossip about guys right?"

"Will!" Cathy sighed. "You're a hopeless case."

"Please stay over, we can have cookies and milk and watch a movie?" She suggested.

I liked the idea, plus I wanted to hang out with them as they were really nice people. "Okay." I nodded. "I just have to text my mom."

Suddenly I realised something. "Wait where are your parents?"

"They're on an overnight work trip. They often have to travel far for work." Will answered quickly.

"Ah, what job do they do?" I asked curiously.

"They own their own business company. They're barely home because it's difficult to run it since its so easy to suddenly lose all your money if a contract or product fails." Cathy explained further.

I felt sad for them. That must mean they don't get to see their parents often. Who cares about living in such a great house if you can't see your own parents? I now realised that.

After getting approval from my mom, we all sat down on the couch to watch a horror movie: Will's choice.

I hated horror movies... I screamed too much and they scared the hell out of me.

Seing my worried look, Will smirked, "Don't tell me you're a chicken?"

"What, no."

"Hmm, that's not very convincing. You should work on your lying skills Alexa."

"Shut up." Its true I wasn't the best at lying, but I knew how to if I needed to.

Cathy had let me borrow her pajamas as we sat under the covers watching the movie. I barely managed to watch the first ten minutes without jumping off the couch, earning me the mocking look from Cathy and Will to erupt into laughter.

After being traumatized forever, the movie finally ended and we ended up falling asleep exhausted. This wasn't the most responsible thing to do since we had school tomorrow but this was only the first week. It's not like we would have a test tomorrow. At least I hoped.

I drifted off to sleep, my mind wandering from how lucky I was to have such great friends, to the party and why I was even going.

~~~~~

Thanks for reading!

Don't be a silent reader.