CHAPTER 3

It has been ten days since he came to New York. His flight landed at four in the morning just like he wished. He was a person of darkness and what he came to do here needed to be done in complete silence.

Before media got whiff of his arrival.

He came as a successful multi-billionaire, not as the ruthless underworld king. No one knew of that existence but those who were now buried six feet under the ground.

He threw the file away in agitation and rubbed his face before getting up to pour himself another drink. Things became more complicated with the death of Nawab Murtaza before his arrival. His death has rattled every one of them and he was to face every consequence whether he wanted to or not.

He had to sort the mess those old fools created despite his abhorrence towards them. But it was mandatory, for the power he was aiming for. He had to abide by their rules for now. He wanted to chop them rather than agreeing to even the thought of agreeing with them.

"Just a little more." He was aiming to finish Murtaza off himself but before he could, the fucker was gone. He had no idea who he was dealing with. The information he got from his resources gave him a different report of what media published.

His death was not accidental.

Murtaza was murdered in cold blood. His body was beyond repair. His bones and teeth were broken multiple times and his body had severe third-degree burns. He was the weakest link of the chain and the one who got to him knew very well where to strike.

That bastard knew his game so well.

It messed things more because they or more like he was against an enemy who was a phantom. He tried tracing him down but there was nothing.

"Fuck!" he threw the glass against the wall where it shattered to million pieces. He tilted his head a little when Safan entered his room. He loosened his tie with a tired sigh and went straight to the bar to pour himself a scotch.

"Another dead end" Safan spat harshly after downing the contents of his glass. "And we cannot get hold of his companies and shares because they are already taken over."

"By who?" He snarled at his friend who just gave him a placid look before pouring himself another glass. "Safan!"

"Guess"

"FourClove?" Safan just nodded grimly after chugging his drink and got up. "Damn it, all"

"You have no idea" he turned to Safan in irritation. His hand was itching to draw his gun and pull the trigger at this ass who was laughing at his expense but he was the only sane person with him. He would rather bear with his entendre than lose his brain. "You have a meeting scheduled tomorrow with the CEO. Try not to mess if you can manage because you won't want to piss them if you want what you are here for."

"Who is the bastard?" Safan stopped and chuckled again.

"You didn't bother with the details of the company except for the ones that were of your interest, did you?" He just stood like a statue while Safan tutted. "Not a bastard my friend but a bitch. You might want to see her before you meet her. In case, you are thinking that it as a waste of time." Safan saw how anger consumed his boss/friend completely.

This was one thing he hated the most.

Women, trying to stand on the same ground as men.

************

"I will call you once I arrived. Yes, Okay fine." Dee placed her i-phone on the table and picked her cup. She had a meeting scheduled with the CEO of Asphalt Inc. and she was not in the bit thrilled to be merging another drowning ship to her sails.