B

Her hair is the first thing I happen to notice. The way it brushes her nose lightly as she leans over to read something on her phone. She stares out of the window, looking out into the world of nowhere and I wonder what she is thinking. 

I soon realize that I look like a complete idiot just watching her every move. I look around the library and thankfully no one has seen my awkward/creepy stalker moment. I decide not to disturb her since she looks to be in another place so I sit at a table near her. 

I pull out my book and force myself to read.

The bells rings in no time and I find myself feeling down. I really wish there was a class where you could just read all day because that's my form of relaxation. I rise from my seat and gather all of my stuff.

I still hold my book in my hands when I go to leave the library, my eyes are glued to the pages of City of Bones until I bump into a small figure.

Papers fly into the air carelessly and I drop my book right on itself.

“I'm so sorry, here let me help you.“ I pile the loose papers and hand them back to the owner. Shit, it‘s the girl who stole my seat. She picks up my book and gives me a small smile.

“You like The Mortal Instruments series?“ Her voice is sweet and pure, much like an angel.

“Uhh yeaahh.“ I stutter on my words. I feel my cheeks heat up. Am I nervous? Of course I am, no girls talk to me because I'm the polar opposite of my twin sister. “Do you?“ I return the question back.

“Yeah I do, I‘m actually a huge fan.“ She admits to me with a guilty look on her face. Wow, her eyes sparkle really well in the light.

“Same here. I can't wait for City of Heavenly Fire comes out. I've already pre-ordered mine.“

“Me too! Cassandra Clare is such an incredible author. I‘d really like to meet her one day.“ She tells me. She hands me my book and we both make our way out into the outside world.

“Who is your favorite character?“ I ask as we both walk down the stairs.

“Sounds cheesy but its probably Clary. She is so headstrong and I admire that. I admire that she was able to adapt to a negative change in her life because it turned into something positive. I think that‘s a really important concept in life, to move forward and to stay positive.“ There is more behind her words but I don't want to push since I've just met her. The way she explained that all to me got me lost in her voice. I couldn‘t help stare at her perfect complexion.

“What about you?“ She breaks me out of my trance.

“Huh?“

She giggles and it is just as sweet as her voice. “Who is you're favorite character, silly.“

“Oh right,“ Strike two, Leo. “Mine would have to be Jace because his love for Clary is indestructible and his loyalty for her is ever lasting. I really look up to that because most guys these days are such assholes who just take girls for granted.“

"Wow, that's really deep coming from a guy." I slowly become to be fascinated by this girl. This girl I have only just met is joking with me like she's known me my whole life. I've never really be comfortable around the opposite sex apart from my sisters. I've never been much of a swooner or classified as "hot". So this is all new to me. 

We continue down the rugged staircase and head toward student services. She babbles about how the movie was terrible compared to the books and how she really wants to meet Lily Collins. I don't think I've ever heard someone talk so passionately about something apart from my sister about her guy of the week. No, this is different. The way she speaks with such passion is utterly captivating and undeniably infatuating. 

The cold air from the air conditioning system sweeps over us both, bringing us into a welcoming embrace to the front desk. A few students are scattered in here and take no notice of this mysterious girl and I walking in. Technology and such wonderful things like so these days. 

"Hi, how may I help you, dear?" The office lady politely greets her with a faded English accent. 

"Um, I was told to see Mr Ferris to collect my timetable." 

"Come through, dear." She turns to me and waves me off. 

"See ya around, Jace Lightwood." She winks before disappearing off into the distant hallway of offices. 

"IT'S JACE HERONDALE!" I yell in reply, earning a few displeased looks from the remaining office ladies. I don't even care. I walk out of there with a small ounce of pride for talking to a girl. 

---

I sit in my History class, bored to death that I could fall asleep and I would only be out for 10 seconds. My teacher, Mr Elwin is rambling on about the first World War and no one is listening. We've all fallen bored and got out our devices, hoping it will take us away from his struggle of a discussion. 

I start to draw the dragon from Shrek on my history book cover. I have a strange obsession with doodling fantasy creatures and I can't control it. It's uncontrollable sometimes but it a small passion I hold close to my heart. I feel a warm breath over my shoulder and I flinch instantly. 

I spin around to see a well evolved young man sitting at the desk behind me. His hair, tousled and curly and his eyes are a dark cocoa brown. 

"You're a wicked artist, dude." So he was peering over my shoulder like a parrot. 

"Uh thanks." I'm really not too sure what to say because it was my little secret. Not anymore I guess. 

"You should enter it in, you could win some big money with your designs." Who is this person and why is he giving me the acknowledgements I'd never received from my peers or classmates. 

"Maybe, I don't know." The bells rings and everyone flees to the class door, trying not to catch the homework we are assigned. I try to shake this guy off my tail but he seems to cling like a flea on a dog. 

"Hey, wait up man. I'm Jake." He holds out his hand and I shake it. I think he expects me to give him some sort of bro hug but all it does is hurt your shoulders and is really weird. 

"I'm Leo." I realize that we both have PE together so I decide to take a leap of faith and walk with him. He is more than happy to tag along as he is new to the school and doesn't have a clue where he is going. We bond over Pokemon and Green Day on the way to our physical ed class. As the day goes along, I soon realize how lonely I was until I found this friend. 

can i get a hollah for updating! hahaha, yay enjoy. 

vote/comment/share/etc