a

3:30am

I wake up in a hot mess of sheets and blankets. My forehead is dipped in hot, sweet sweat and my body is trembling. The nightmares of my mother haunt me not only in my sleep but in my thoughts also. My family and I have filed a restraining order against her but with her wild antics, she will always find a way to get to me. 

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about the day ahead and how I will survive. It's the fifth time my father have moved to get away from my crazy mother and hopefully the last. They have taken her to rehab where she will spend the remaining days of her life. It is quite sad to see someone you once knew inside and out to change into a monster. 

I get the courage to get up from my warm sauna of a bed and place my thin feet on the soft carpet. I rise to my feet and make my way to my brother's room. I knock softly on his door, hoping that he'd be awake at this hour. He hasn't been affected by my mother's crazy outbursts as much as me but he is still very understanding. 

Low footsteps approach me and the door swings open, revealing my brother, Jake. He wears only boxers and his hair is tousled horridly, showing his luscious curls. 

"Another nightmare?" He asks me and I nod sheepishly. This happens nearly every few days where we go through this process at around the same time. He brings me in for a hug and lets me sleep in the other single bed for the rest of the night. 

"Thanks Jakey." He hugs me once more before I climb into the familiar mattress that has became my asylum. I stare up at the glow in the dark constellation items Jake has on the ceiling and wonder what it would be like to be lost in space. 

5:50am

The thing about sleeping in Jake's room is that he never closes the curtains because he likes to look at the stars and the moon before he drifts off. But in the morning, it's like walking to the entrance to heaven's gates; beautiful but blinding. I see that Jake is peacefully still in a slumber despite the early morning glow. I leave him be as he is so cranky in the mornings and start to get ready for a new life. 

The shower is refreshing yet exhilarating. The water splatters on me like raindrops and wash away last nights stress. I dry myself off and change into some comfy clothes that are considered tomboy. 

I walk to the kitchen where my father sits down, reading the paper and sipping on some coffee. He glances up at me with baggy eyelids forcing themselves awake much like mine. 

"Morning sweetie. How did you sleep?" 

"The same old." He nods and goes back to reading his local news. Jake stumbles in, half asleep and bumps into the table a few too many times. I stifle back a laugh until he falls to the ground and groans. 

"It's too early." The sun shines directly on him as if he was being baptized. 

"Too early for English Breakfast then." My father shrugs. knowing that English Breakfast's are Jake's ultimate weakness in the morning. And of course, he pulls himself together off the ground and stands as if he is an alpha. 

"Did you say English Breakfast?" His eyes hungrily scan the kitchen to find 2 plates filled with English Breakfast components on them. In an instant, he bolts for the nearest plate and holds it as if it were the most precious thing on Earth. I shake my head, wondering how we are even related and start eating my own English Breakfast. 

6:40am

I finish brushing my teeth and packing my bag for the day. I have to go to the student centre and pick up my timetable before school officially starts. Jake has managed to scrub up quite nicely thankfully. Many of his past girlfriends would constantly complain how messy he would dress or how smelly he would be but I guess puberty has that effect on everyone. 

"Bye Daddy." I go up to him and give him a hug. Yes, I still call him Daddy but when you've been through the things I've been through, you feel inferior and small like a toddler nearly all the time. 

"See ya later princess." He kisses my forehead and hugs me tightly. Jake walks in and gives my dad a quick hug also. 

"Take care of her son." My father orders him. Jake is not only my older brother, but my protector. He's been through everything with me and knows all the weak points in my life. 

"Always." He nods to him as if he were the president. We walk out to Jake's car and travel to somewhere new. 

7am

The school is quite small on the outside but when you drive further inside, it suddenly becomes like Times Square. Buildings of essential sorts surround the land they are placed on, acting like Dinosaurs whom roam the school. 

"Wow, this place is huge." I blurt out. 

"Yeah." We are both stunned. Coming from small towns out whole lives to a huge state school is a massive change for us both. Jake parks in the student parking lot that is momentarily deserted. 

"Right, are you ready?" I force my mind to say yes but my body thinks differently. I throw myself out of the car and walk into the unfamiliar atmosphere with only my brother as a souvenir of my past. This is it. A new start. A new place to rewind and become someone new. 

The weather that was once sunny has now turned cold and damp very suddenly. Jake and I dart into shelter quickly before the rain pours down on us like a bucket of cold water. Wait, rain is a cold bucket of water. 

"So where do you want to go?" Jake asks me. I glance around and see that there aren't many people around in the early AM. 

"I don't know." I shurg my shoulders at him. We continue to look for a place we can escape but nothing so far so we sit down in a seat amongst shelter and nature. A teacher walks past us, giving us a concerned look. 

"Oh darlings, why don't you go to the library. It'll be warm and toasty unlike out here." She suggests to us both who are shivering like crazy.

"Oh um we're new here so we don't quite know where that is." Jake explains to her. She is more than happy to give us directions before sending us on our way. 

We approach the library to find that it is closed. Well, looks like that was a waste of time. 

"Great." I sigh. We start to walk off into nowhere when the door opens abruptly. 

"Do you want to come in?" One of the ladies asks ever so politely. We nod immediately and graciously enter. 

We follow the librarian/teacher lady to the front counter where she meets her fellow staff. They work like honey bees and the lady we met is their queen bee. 

"Are you two new?" How did she know? 

"Um yeah we are." Jake awkwardly replies back. 

"Right, welcome to our school. What are your names?" 

"I'm Jake and this is my sister, Andie." Jake introduces ourselves to these strangers who are very friendly. 

"I'm Linda." The lady who let us inside. "And this is Willow, Lilly and Jayne." The other ladies give us a friendly wave to us as we do the same in return. 

"Find yourself a seat anywhere and just relax." Linda announces to us. Jake and I split up temporarily; He goes to the computers while I bury myself in the fiction section. Thankfully the sun has dominated and taken over the sky. 

I find my seat by the window, overlooking the entire school. I put in my headphones and play Mayday Parade to drown out the thoughts and voices of my mother. 

friendly reminder:
capital letters: Leo POV
lower case letters: Andie POV
haven't updated in like SO LONG. hope you like xx 

-A