Chapter 80

You were walking along when Kent contacted you. You answered.

"Hey Kent. What's up?" You asked. You were expecting news on Carl getting impatient, but instead you got something much worse.

"Olive is in critical condition!!" You stopped in your tracks.

"What?" You asked in shock.

"Nova contacted me! We have o idea what happened, but Smoke is acting like a lunatic and Olive is just barely hanging on! What do I do!? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!" He said, nearly in tears. You could tell he was breaking down.

"For the love of god CALL DAD!!!" You screamed at him. 

"G-got it! You gotta get here fast (Y/n)! Tell Connor what's going on!" He said. You stopped.

"Wait what? I thought Connor was with you." You said.

"No. We haven't seen him all day." Kent replied. You were very confused now. Connor never met up with them? What is going on? First Olive and Nova clearly knows something, now Connor is missing? You thought.

"Nevermind. I'll be there as soon as I can." You told him.

"Please hurry!" Kent whimpered before hanging up. You had to get to the park. It was the first place you could start at.

(F/n)'s POV

I got a call from Ash. I answered it.

"Hello." I said.

"Dad! You need to get back to the house! Olive is in critical condition!" He said. I frowned. I knew what was going on. I sighed.

"I'm on my way. I'll be there soon." I replied. I hung up. "Scarlett, we must return home. Olive is seriously injured." I said. They all looked shocked.

"Oh my lord! Sam, take Nia! We've gotta go." Scarlett said. He nodded and took the little android girl's hand. Scarlett and I got into the car and she quickly drove us back to our house. I got out and hurried to my workshop. I told Kent what to do and we worked on her nonstop. Smoke had to be dragged out of the room. I understood his worry. He would do anything for his mate. I pumped more blood into her. I replaced some of her parts and I made sure she was still stable the entire time. As soon as I had fixed her, she was relaxing. She was exhausted. I sighed in relief along with my son.

"We have no idea what happened Dad. Nova just gave me an SOS signal and sent me here. I'm worried. Who would do this?" Kent said. I knew who would do this. I knew it all too well. I knew what was going to happen. It was time I gave Nova her...upgrades. Never again will you harm my family Maverick. You took the love of my life, now you threaten to take my daughter's love. I will not let you do this any longer. You wanted a war. You've got it.

Nova's POV

WE rushed to the park as fast as we could. We looked around, trying to find Connor. With all the different scents it was hard to pick him out of everything else. I looked feverishly for him and Dagger. My heart was pounding in my chest. I couldn't let this happen. Not again. (F/n) had told me about Maverick. He was the reason I was created. To protect them from him. He was the man who shot (Y/n)'s mother as revenge for (F/n) leaving Cyberlife to help deviants. There were things he'd never told his children. His dark secrets. Maverick had been his right hand man until (F/n) had met (M/n). When she died, I was made to protect the family. I had been doing a pore job. When my 'bad leg' had gotten injured, he'd really meant my good leg. It was the leg he'd hidden his most vital secret in me. He called it 'the chip of freedom'. I had the ability to control androids, human and animals alike. I could never be controlled. My memory could never be wiped. I could never be hacked, all as long as that chip was in working order. Maverick has never known about it. Nobody does. Only me. If they knew, he'd try to get it and he'd become unstoppable. I held so much more than just my family's fate. I held the fate of all androids inside of me.