Chapter 55

Ash's POV

I was in the dojo, training. I was beating the punching bag like no tomorrow. I was still more human, so I could get tired, but today...there was no stopping. Not until I collapsed half dead on the floor from too much work. I kept punching and kicking and kicking and punching. I was grunting and growling from the force of my bare fists smashing against the leather. I felt fire in my body. That fire fueled me.

"Ash." I paused and turned to look at my older brother. The bandages were warm so he still wasn't wearing a shirt. I felt guilt as I saw his abdomen rapped up like he were a mummy. I turned away and kept punching the bag.

"Yes?" I asked in between my rounds of punches.

"You need to rest. This isn't healthy for you. You haven't slept in two days. All you've been doing is eating, pacing in your room, and training." Zane said.

"Just be glad eating is apart of that list." I replied.

"Ash." I sighed and paused.

"What Zane?" I asked.

"I'm scared too." I stopped.

"Scared? I'm not scared Zane. I'm infuriated." I said. 

"You can't lie to me. Not when you're like this." He said. "I know you usually talk to (Y/n) when things happen, but you have to trust me instead. Please." Zane said. I sighed.

"Look, you don't know her like I do." I said.

"Ash, we all know (Y/n) like the back of our hands. I know you better than you think too." 

"What!? What do you know about me!?" I spat back.

"I know you feel like you never do enough for her." I paused. "I know you care deep down for all of us even if you don't like showing it. I know we fight, but it's when you stop fighting I get worried. If you stop fighting, that means there's nothing to fight for. It's why your an attack dog. You'd give anything for all of us. Your loyal. More loyal than any of us, well, other than (Y/n)." He said. I felt pain. It hurt. It always hurt to see my sister like this. Now I was losing her. If Dad couldn't save her, it was over. And Connor...he needs her. 

"I...I know we fight Zane. But...you're right. You're my brother...and she's my little sister. The one who looks up to me. I never thought anybody would do that. Knowing that I can never give enough for her....it rips me up. I've...I've never been this scared in my life." I admitted. Zane hugged me. 

"It's okay Ash." He said. "If anyone can save her, it's Dad." He told me. 

"Thanks...brother." I said. He smiled at me.

"Come on. You need some sleep." He said. I nodded.

"Yeah...you're right."

Kent's POV

Dad wouldn't let me help. I didn't understand why. We'd have a better chance if I helped. I wanted to heal my sister. I didn't understand why he wanted to do this alone. Carl had called Kamski. They were working together now. Nobody was allowed in his workshop other than Scarlett. Dad wasn't going to come out until (Y/n) was either gone or at the very least stable. He'd had more time with all of us. Now he was running on a clock. If he couldn't get her to wake up in a month, it was over. 

Scarlett went in there to get them supplies and food, but I was afraid nothing was enough. I was terrified. We all loved (Y/n). It was hard enough when we lost Mom. Now...I don't know what would happen if we lost our sister. Nobody could say what was going to happen. 

Third Person POV

It was hard for everyone. Connor never came out of (Y/n)'s room. He didn't want to hear what was happening. He knew her chance of survival was low. It terrified him. He didn't want to watch her die. It was like he was dying too. He hated it. Scarlett had to check on him regularly to make sure he was alright. His stress levels were low, he was just...sad. Nova stayed with him along with Snow, who had recovered fully and was a bundle of love and energy. She loved Connor the most. She kept him company along with Nova at least.

Gavin was still locked up. Once the humans came back he'd go on trial. As much as Ash wanted to carry out the death sentence himself, they couldn't kill him. It would get them in more trouble. They would have to wait.

Everyone at Jericho had heard of what happened and they were all hoping for (Y/n) to survive. Things had gone from peaceful to horrid in a heartbeat. Nobody knew what was going to happen next. The only thing they could do was prepare for it, whatever 'it' was going to be.