Chapter 45

You collapsed back onto the mattress. Your hair was neatly brushed and you very clean from your recent shower. Your feet ached as did a bunch of other limbs, but you didn't care. The mattress, sheets, and pillows were perfect. You sighed, content. Your PJ's were warm, fuzzy, and extremely comfortable. It might've been half an hour past dawn, but you could've stayed in that bed for a week. 

The other side of the bed dipped in and you smiled even more. You scooted closer to the man beside you and his arms wrapped around you. You kissed his cheek and he kissed your forehead. You felt warm, safe, and happy in his embrace. You had to admit, he looked cute in the PJ's Scarlett had given him. He wouldn't have to lay down in his suit anymore.

"Are you still gonna stay up and watch me all day?" You asked.

"You have taught me how to relax, but androids still can't really sleep." Connor replied.

"You don't even have a sleep mode or anything?" He thought about it.

"I guess if I relax enough with my eyes closed that could be considered a sleep mode." You chuckled.

"Whatever you say, baby." You gave him a quick kiss and then cuddled up to him. 

"Sweet dreams, my love." He said. You smiled.

"Thanks, Connor." You yawned. He held you closer and your eyes drifted shut. You smiled, happy and safe, as you fell asleep in his arms.

You slept through the entire day and night. Connor had stayed with you the entire time. You thought his devotion was flattering and pretty cute. You both had decided that there was one last person you had to see.

You were getting ready to go when Connor knocked on the door to the bathroom.

"Are you almost ready?"

"Yeah! You can come in, Connor!" You called back. He walked in as you finished up brushing your hair. He smiled.

"You look nice." He said. You chuckled. 

"Thanks, Connor. Come on. Let's go!" You said. He smiled. You both walked along, deciding it would be nicer to see a bit of the city while you were at it. Soon enough, you arrived. It was Hank's favorite place to eat. Humans had been evacuated, so it was closed for now, but there he was. You both walked over and he turned and spotted you. He smiled at both of you. He walked up to you both and he gave Connor a hug. You smiled. They're finally true friends. You thought. Hank turned to you afterward.

"Get in here, kiddo." You smiled and joined in on the hug. You all stayed like that for awhile. When it broke apart Hank sighed. "You two still owe me for that distraction." You laughed. He laughed too and even Connor laughed along. 

"Whatever you say, Hank." You chuckled. "Come on. Let's get back to my place. You should come with Hank!" You said.

"Nah, that's alright. I'll be fine." He replied.

"There'll be food." You said.

"Let's go!" Hank said. You laughed again and you all walked back to your place.

When you arrived Carl was cooking lunch. Surprisingly, Carl was the cook of the family. Sometimes he'd have weird ideas and make some pretty weird things, but a lot of the time his ideas were pretty good.

You all hung out together as he cooked. Connor sat next to you, one arm wrapped around your waist. You smiled. Hank noticed this.

"I really never thought you'd be the one to find somebody, (Y/n)." He said. You shrugged.

"If I'm being honest, the moment I saw Connor carry you to your room for the first time I was shipping it." Scarlett said. Everyone laughed and you rolled your eyes.

"You ran into a pole the first second you spotted Sam." You countered. She blushed insanely.

"Whatever." She muttered. Everyone laughed again and then the doorbell rang.

"I got it." Ash said. He got up to answer it and when he came back, Sam was there. Scarlett ran up to him and hugged him. He chuckled.

"Been too long since we talked, Scarlett." He said.

"It's been pretty crazy around here." She said. He nodded.

"Tell me about it." He agreed. He joined you all happily. Your sister told him who Connor was and he quickly accepted him. You smiled. You had so much fun that day. You all had a great lunch, played games, chatted, watched movies, had snacks, and then you had fun telling old stories. 

Hank had to go home soon enough. You all said goodbye to him. Afterward, people soon decided it was time to cash in for the day. Kent went to his room with April. April didn't really have any place to go other than the new Jericho location, so Kent had welcomed her into the home. 

The same thing happened with Nia. Nia had spent the day playing with Nova. Scarlett took her to bed and Sam went with both of them. 

Zane had decided he was ready for bed and Carl had practically fallen asleep on top of Ash. Ash had pushed him off, resulting in Carl on the floor, and then went to bed himself. Carl had sprung awake and then he also went to bed. 

You and Connor walked up to your room together too. You changed into your PJ's in the bathroom. When you came out Connor was already changed and you happily joined him as you both laid down. 

"I guess this would be considered a normal day for a human." He said. You nodded.

"Yep." You yawned. He smiled.

"It was...nice." You giggled.

"I'm glad you think so." You kissed him goodnight and then you both went to bed.