SUS|21- Make it Count

Start from the beginning

"Look at ya gay-ass, cheesin' and shit. Tryna get ya back blown out before he go back I bet"

I kicked her from blushing hella hard, it was the truth though. "Shut the hell up and yes, yes I am looking forward to spending quality time with B.D. before he goes back"

"He's lucky as shit to be getting furlough though, he must got a good-ass lawyer"

"Yeah but I mean–...it's only humane to let him go say goodbye to his mom. He was already devastated that she past without him being in the hospital"

"That's sad. I can't imagine how he feels. Being incarcerated while your mom dying and you can't see her. That's fucked up"

"I know. He cried so bad over the phone, he loved her so much. She's the reason he even killed that motherfucker and that he's serving time now. He did it so she could live peacefully...and now she's gone"

Recently, I was called over to a hospital in Brooklyn because it was rumored that Nymir's mom suffered from a heart attack earlier. When I got there after Zuri called, she was so thankful to see her grandson in place of his father but still desperately wanted to see Nymir one last time. Sadly, she never got to because the next day she passed away while I tried to get in contact with Nymir and the lawyer. Fortunately, his lawyer was able to work something out with the prison to let Nymir attend his mother's funeral this upcoming weekend. It was set that Nymir would be released this Friday evening through next Tuesday.
~
That Friday, 12:21 AM
Sing Sing Prison
Ossining, NY

Sitting in the waiting area with Mehki fast asleep in my arms and Carter and Tink next to me, I started to fall asleep myself. We've been waiting here for hours for Nymir's release. Thankfully I didn't come up here alone though.

Just as I started to lay my head with Mehki's and close my eyes, I heard a voice that startled all three of us. "Miss Ramirez? Goodson is coming through processing"

Saying "Okay" quietly, I gave Mehki over to Carter while I stood up to meet him by the gates. Thus I saw him walking down the hallway finally and in some street clothes they gave him. When they stopped him at the gates, they patted him down one last time before the gates opened and he ran up to me.

Tears were falling down my face as he lifted my entire body from off the ground in a hug. I hugged him so tightly back and gripped the back of his grown out hair like I'll never let go. I missed him so much.

When he finally put me down and grabbed my face with both of his hands, he roughly kissed my lips in the moment. Not caring who saw us or why but he was letting everyone know he missed me.

"Jesus...you two, it's a kid here" Tink laughed as things got a bit sexual once he started grabbing my ass.

We kissed again and again before he finally broke us up to go see his son. It melted my heart to see him holding Mehki as he still slept and grabbed his head from missing him so much too. I came up to them not too long afterwards and laid my head on his chest while one of his arms wrapped around me.

"I swear yall too cute" Tink said.

"Daddy's home" Carter laughed next and sent blush markings to my cheeks. ..I swear they play too much even as we're all about to hit our 30s soon.

After the reunion, we drove all the way back to Manhattan where Tink and Carter kept going back over the bridge. Nothing extreme happened overnight, he just stayed in Mehki's room for awhile until he came in the room with me. We kissed and all but eventually just fell asleep inside of each other's arms.