3 | Up All Night

The air was filled with the scent of alcohol, sweat and a whole lot of men's cologne

The air was filled with the scent of alcohol, sweat and a whole lot of men's cologne. The loud music suffocated the shouts of drunk teenagers and everybody seemed to be having a good time. But it was still too early to tell how the night was going to end.

It was past midnight and everybody who was anybody in Huntington High had already arrived, and, who are we kidding, the rest where there too. Some where right on the line between sober and tipsy, whilst others were full on wasted. Peyton had been to and throwed a handful of parties, and she knew that things tended to get wrecked. And that's exactly why she made sure to hide all of her parents' good china and her most valuable possessions, including her collection of limited edition Harry Potter books. Just in case.

She sat on the grey skirted Lawson couch right next to Archer, and to his left sat Ahmed. In front of them where Stacey, Daniel, Kevin and Hadley. Almost the whole group was there, only Naya was missing from the scene, probably dancing somewhere in the crowd till she dropped.

The first one to arrive had been Daniel, as usual. He had commented on how good she looked, and she had complimented him back on his choice of shirt, which, despite being a plain white shirt with rolled sleeves, made him look like a Greek god.

They had gone to the neighborhood's liquor store and bought some food and something to drink. After that, they had set everything up and waited for everyone to arrive by playing Mario Kart, racing against each other. Daniel had won twice, and when Peyton was about to ask him for a re-rematch Archer arrived, spoiling the fun.

Now they were all in the living room enjoying a glass of vodka with lemonade and sharing fun anecdotes and drunken accidents. It all seemed like fun and games, until Stacey asked the question.

"So, guys... Will you tell us now how this all began?" She stopped sipping from her straw to point at the new couple.

Peyton raised her eyebrow, a subtle grimace showing her confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, come on! We all know this wasn't love at first sight." Stacey divulged.

Kevin laughed way too loudly, his level of soberness minimizing by the second. "That's right. You two hated each other!"

Archer and Peyton looked at each other worriedly, he was the first to speak. "I wouldn't say we hated each other."

She nodded. "Yes, we weren't the greatest of friends, but we got along..."

Ahmed was the one who chuckled sarcastically this time. "You got along? Who are you trying to fool, Peyton? You used to call him a douchebag. On a daily basis."

Peyton sheepish smile gave her guiltiness away.

Stacey spoke again, while pouring herself some more vodka. "So tell us, how did you go from hating each other to death, to grinding coochies?"