One sided love

|Your POV|

It was lunch time. I was staring at him. He was so perfect. (C/h/c) hair, and (c/e/c) eyes. He's smart, handsome, and tall.

"(Y/n)" (b/f/n) says waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yeah" I said snapping out of my trance.

"You were staring at him again, weren't you?" She asked. I nodded. "Oh (y/n)" she sighed. "It's obvious he doesn't like you"

"There's still a chance" I said hopefully.

"Oh (y/n)" she sighed again. "Look, I know there's a chance, but don't you see how he acts around (r/n)? It's obvious they like each other"

"As I said, there's a chance he's just playing around" I kept denying it. No one wants to be rejected.

"Oh (y/n)"

______________

"Hey (c/n)!" I said walking over to him.

"Hey (y/n)" he said closing the door to his locker. He turned to face me with a big smile on his face. "Guess what"

"I don't know. What?" I asked him curiously.

"(R/n) is now my girlfriend!"

He sounded so happy. Inside it hurt.

"That's great!" I said faking a smile despite the fact I was breaking inside.

Truth is, he and (r/n) have been talking for awhile now. I never thought that it would become something more.

_____________

"How could I be so stupid?" I asked more to myself than (b/f/n). "Why didn't I believe you from the start?"

"Hey" She said, comfortingly placing a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay. I'd be the same way if you told me the same thing about my crush"

"Really?"

"Yes" she said. "I have some ice cream in the fridge. Let's eat some"

"I might eat the whole tub" I said.

"That's fine" she said standing up and leaving the room.

_________

"Got the ice cream!" She said coming inside her room.

"Thanks" I said taking a spoon from her.

"No problem" she said opening the lid.

The ice cream was finished in about ten minuets.

"So" I said. "Should I just tell him I like him?"

"That's all up to you honestly" she said. "If you want to then go ahead, tell him. I'll have more ice cream ready"

"Okay"

____________

Today is the day I'll confess. After two days of contemplating whether or not I should I'm going to do it.

I slid a note into his locker saying:

Meet me at the rooftop after school

~(y/n)~

_____________

After school I went up to the rooftop. A few minuets later I was about to go back down since I thought he wasn't going to show up.

"Hey (y/n)" she said panting. "Sorry. What is it?"

"I'm tired of keeping this, (c/n), I like you, okay?" I said. He stood there shocked. "I don't know why"

"Why would I like you?"

I wasn't expecting that.

I expected him to just say that he likes someone else. Not the reactions he's given me.

"You know full well I like (r/n), (y/n)" he said. "You'd be lucky to have someone to like you back, and that someone definitely isn't me. Besides, if I didn't love her, why would she be my girlfriend? Move on" he turned around and went back downstairs.

"I know" I whispered. "You like her and she likes you. I just wanted you to know"