Stargazing

•Crush's POV•

"You brought food, right?" (Y/n) asked as she helped me lay a blanket on the grassy field.

"Of course I did." I said, smiling at her. "Why would I forget?" She clapped her hands in excitement.

"Yay! Food!" She cheered happily.

I stood up off the ground and walked to the car, taking out the picnic basket from the backseat.

I placed the basket on top of the blanket. She sat down beside me and started helping me take out the sandwiches, drinks, and whatever other food was there.

"Oh my gosh! You brought brownies?! You're the best!" She beamed, opening the package and taking a piece.

She took a big bite of it and hummed in delight, shoving the rest in her mouth. She chewed and swallowed before speaking.

"That was amazing, (c/n). Did you bake those?"

"Yes."

"You should really bake more often. I absolutely loved that." She smiled. I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

Noted.

"Thanks." I muttered, sitting down beside her. "I think the sun is about to set."

"I bet the sunset is gonna be pretty."

A comfortable silence enveloped us as the sun went down. The once clear blue sky turning into a beautiful mix of sunset colors as we snacked on the brownies, cookies, sandwiches.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" She asked, staring up at the mix of purple, orange, and pink. I nodded. It definitely was pretty.

'You're prettier' was what I wanted to say, but that would just be cheesy and cliché.

But don't we all love clichés?

Once again, a comfortable silence enveloped us as we ate the food I brought. The purple pink sky slowly turning into a pretty, dark blue color, the moon and stars coming out to light up the dark, night sky.

"The stars and moon are really pretty too. Just like the sunset awhile ago." (Y/n) spoke, laying down on the blanket. I hummed in response.

I followed her lead and laid down beside her. I looked up at the starry night sky, stealing glances at her every so often. God she looks stunning.

Should I tell her she looks very pretty or no? Would it be weird if I did? I don't wanna make her uncomfortable. Gosh, you need to stop overthinking. It's not good for you.

"What are you staring at me for?" Her honey like voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Shoot. I was staring.

"I- uhh- I just think you're really, really pretty." I stammered, heat rising to my cheeks. Pathetic, (c/n).

She chuckled.

"Thank you." She smiled at me and looked back at the multitude of stars in the sky. "I wonder if we can find any constellations out tonight."

"I think I see a couple."

"Really, where?" She asked, scooting closer to me, making my heart race. I've never been this close to her before.

"That's Cassiopeia." I told her, pointing up to where it was in the night sky. "And over there is Orion." I posted a few spaces away from Cassiopeia. "Or at least that's what I remember them looking like when I looked at pictures awhile ago. My memory isn't the best."

"If you're wrong then that's okay. At least it wasn't some made up name." She shrugged, pausing for a moment before speaking again. "You know... I've always wanted to do this."

"Do what?"

"Watch the sunset, stargaze, and have a picnic at night." She answered, looking over at me. "I never thought I'd have someone to do this stuff with."

"I never thought you'd say yes to my offer."

"Well, I did, didn't I?" She smirked.

"I'm so glad you did."

"I don't regret it one bit."

Thank God.

And, for the third time that night, a comfortable silence enveloped us as we admired the starry sky, both of us lost in our own thoughts.

As long as it's with her, I wouldn't mind doing this again. And again. And again.

"(C/n)." (Y/n) voiced. I looked at her to see her sitting down. "It's getting a bit late. I think we should start heading back now."

I smiled although I felt a little disappointed. I really, really didn't want this night to end. I wanted time to stop so I could stay in this perfect moment with her for eternity.

"Okay." I said, sitting up. "Let's pack up."

We started packing everything back in the picnic basket. I guess she didn't really want to leave either since she was taking her time, still stealing glances at the sky.

Midway through packing up, she gasped. My attention instantly shifted from putting the basket in my car to her.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Look!" She exclaimed. "A shooting star!" She pointed to a moving star in the night sky. "Let's make a wish."

I nodded. We both closed our eyes, silently saying our wishes, opening them afterwards.

"What did you wish for?" I asked her.

"If I tell you it won't come true." She said, glancing at my lips. I smirked.

"I'll tell you mine."

"Really? Go ahead then."

I stepped closer to her, her breath fanning against my lips. She looked up at me in wonder.

"My wish is to kiss you." I whispered. She smiled.

"What's stopping you?" She questioned.

"You'll let me?"

"Yes."

I pulled her body closer to mine, pulling her into a gentle kiss. I felt her arms twisting around me as she kissed back. I silently cheered in happiness. God, I always wanted to kiss her.

We pulled away breathless, arms still wrapped around each other as we stared into each other's eyes. She took a deep breath before speaking.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Sure." I answered.

"That was my wish too."

________________

Hey everyone! It's been awhile.

I'm really sorry for not updating! It took me 4 months just to write this because of writer's block and I also had no idea what to write. I hope this little update makes up for the wait!

Anyway, thank you guys for 105k reads! I love you all so, so much!

Remember to take care of yourselves and stay safe!

P.S. I hope there weren't many grammatical errors in this update. Oh and I love you guys.

~Sofia :)