Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

            I sat at the little island eating cereal; watching CNN. They mentioned something about the WWE and automatically I turned it off. I was afraid it was about Randy and me. I don’t know what I was afraid of. I think I’m so use of keeping this a secret for so long, no that cannot be it. I’m not thinking about my career, or am I?

            Randy came down the stairs groggy, as he rubbed his eyes. “Hey, good morning sleepy head…” I said cheerfully.

“Good morning” he said giving me a kiss. He grabbed the cereal box on top of the fridge and the milk.

“Happy Birthday!” I kissed him.

“Thanks baby.” He said.

            Randy turned on the TV and flip to ESPN. They talked about a change in the Viper, they flashed a few scenes of Randy comforting or saving me. Randy placed his spoon down and glared up at the TV. He cleared his throat, he wonder what he was going to do. He sighed, shaking his head. He turned off the TV and flick the remote into the fish tank. He did not mention a word and continued to eat.

            “Let’s say we go out…for my birthday tonight…” This was a new side of Randy I’ve seen. I gave him a funny look.

“This anit Hollywood, you know.” Randy chuckled,

“I know, but it’s not what I mean. You’ll see tonight.” He gave a kiss before going downstairs to the gym.

I thought about what he said, and honestly I was nervous, I mean the small things we did were fine because it was at home.

            I continued to play with the soggy cereal and thought back to when Jay had his dates, he would go to the bottom of our basement and watch movies with his girlfriends, have pizza or something like that. All the girls he had use to fuss over him, afraid to make any sudden movements but Jay would sit there cool and collected and easy going. One girl dropped her drink all over his pants one time and he didn’t even fuss about when she thought he was going to snap. I thought all girls were like that with men. I was not sure how Randy would act if I did that. I gulped at that thought.

            Randy came up the stairs, his tank top drench and his shoulders shining off from the sweat. Randy kind of reminded me of Jay, he was easy going with that coolness, in a way I felt comfortable and nervous at the same time.

“Do you want to go play some football?” I asked him. He glared at me,

“I use to play with my brothers when the weather would get warmer…” I said nervously.

“Oh, I always keep forgetting I’m not dealing with just any women…” Randy chuckled.

I jump off the stool and grabbed the football from my bag, “No you are dealing with the Viperess.” I ran my finger through his rough beard.

Randy’s P.O.V

            I always forget Emily plays hardcore when it comes to sports. Her body was covered in dirt from the muddy ground that only made me cringe. She was fast too. I finally tackled her even when she had the ball in her hands.

“Ok, ok you win!” Emily laughed hysterically as my large body laid on top of hers. I finally got up as she turned around and laid on the grass.

            After she stopped laughing; and I laid next to her, she said, “Where are we going tonight?”

“You’ll see.”

“Well, how should I dress? I mean…”

“Hmm, flannel shirt and jeans…” she gave me a questionable look and I gave her a teasing look.  

“Oh come on, Randy!” I laughed. “And a cowgirl hat…”

            We showered after; she’ll be surprised that I shaved, and got ready to go out. I gave Emily an old cowboy hat that belong to my dad, and boots that belong to my sister.

“Randy, does this look right?” She asked me. I turned around and lost my breath. She had a pink flannel shirt that she tied to expose her stomach, her hair was braided to the side with the hat slightly covering her face as she leaned against the doorway.

            “Uh…yeah” was all I could say. I went over to her as she ran her fingers across my face.

“Wow, you look different when you shave.” She giggled. I smiled my fingers prickling her skin. We walked to the place, her eyes light up when she saw the night sky lite up with carnival lights. She looked at me,

“Where are we?”

“Every birthday my parents would take me here…and I started coming here with my daughter…It’s nice here.

            I figured, I start out slow like the country fair. It was something she was not used too, country fairs. She looked at all the country people as they passed us, and occasionally looked at me. Country played in the background,

“Want to dance?”

She chuckled nervously, “Yeah.” I grabbed her by the waist and started dancing with her. Pretty soon she started laughing and having fun.

--

            My heart was racing and my cheeks burned with a happy sensation as Randy twirled me around. It was out of the ordinary that I would dress and dance like this, but it was fun and I liked it. I didn’t even feel nervous anymore. It could the whisky shots I took too. Randy’s body could take the alcohol…so much. My body barely did after three shots. The alcohol made my body heat up.

            We were stable enough to walk around, “Hey a gun ring!” Randy said. It was weird seeing Randy hold a gun. Despite him being tipsy he was doing really good. Actually he looked hot holding a gun. He had told me he had his own gun collection at home.  He won a blue stuff dog for me with blue eyes.

“For you…” he smiled. I gawk at the small dog.

“He’s adorable.”

“Just like his daddy…” I said looking up at him.

“I want a blood test!” He laughed.

            His lips pressed against mine. His hand caressing my hair drench from the dampness, he smiled pulling away, licking his lips slightly, we had a lot of fun tonight. We stayed until the fair closed, and we walked home. Well, at least Randy did, he carried me in his arms. I nuzzled my head in between his neck and shoulder, taking in his smell.

            He placed some kisses on my cheek as he placed me in bed with him. I had left my clothes on and so did he. As I slipped slowly to sleep, I whispered,

“Happy Birthday”

Randy smiled, pushing his arm under my head, I nestled on it; his arm was like a pillow.

“Thanks baby…”

“I love you…” he gently whispered in my ear.

“I love you…” his lips touched my numb ones, before he put his arm over my chest.