13

DRACO AND ROSALIE had found an abandoned classroom one day during the winter when they were looking for a place to be alone. Rosalie was sitting on the desk while Draco was lying down with his head on her lap. She was reading a book with one hand and running her fingers through his hair with the other.

He studied her as she read, taking notice of how she had her bottom lip tucked in concentration and her eyebrows furrowed. He wished that he could just stop time and stay looking up at her for the rest of his life. But, he couldn't.

"Stop staring at me," she whispered, her cheeks turning pink. Draco reached out to touch her face. She leaned into his palm and sighed.

"Can't really help it. You're so beautiful."

By now, she was blushing all over her face. He chuckled and jumped from the desk to stand between her legs. That action made Rosalie slightly gasp. Smirking, he let his fingers trail slowly from her knee socks to the ends of her skirt. The coldness of his fingertips made Rosalie shiver, but somehow she liked it.

His lips found her neck as he gripped her thighs gently. As an immediate response to that, her hands were in his hair and her thighs were pulling him even closer. Draco groaned and raised his head to look at her. "Are you planning to drive me insane?"

Rosalie giggled which urged him to kiss those full lips that he often dreamed about. She let out a sigh as his lips touched hers and it was the most mesmerizing sound to his ears. He kissed her so intently that he felt himself getting lost in her. Her skin was so soft underneath his hands that it made his heart beat faster in his chest.

"Rosalie," he pulled away and leaned his forehead against hers. Her lips were the rosiest shade of pink from being kissed by him. "I won't let anything hurt you, alright?"

Rosalie furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't need you to protect me – "

"I know you don't," he chuckled as he thought to himself that she was as brave as a bloody Gryffindor could ever be. "But, there's shit happening out there that you don't even know half of and could hurt you in a second."

She frowned and looked into his eyes but didn't say anything. "Rosalie, I would protect you even if my life depended on it."

"Draco – "

He cut her off by wrapping his arms tightly around her. She melted into his hug, feeling the beat of his heart against her own chest. "Promise me that you'll take care of yourself over winter break."

"What is it that you're not telling me, Draco?" she whispered, her mind racing with all kinds of thoughts. He shook his head, tightening his grip on Rosalie. The image of Katie Bell popped into his mind, torturing his battered soul even more.

"Not now," he said but his voice was barely audible. "Not yet."