Chapter 33 - Lock & Key

Start from the beginning

"Kyle, please tell me your plan."

Hesitate for effect.

"How about let me and everyone else out to do it for you?"

"I am assigned cell keys on the specific days and they are kept in a safe and I don't know the code to it."

Pull faces, he can't see you making fun of him.

"I don't mean just yet. I am good at thinking up plans, so hear me out. Tomorrow the new system gets introduced completely throughout here, so tonight they will be testing the system for weaknesses while we are all sleep-drugged, yeah. I saw from my window they lowered a huge control panel from a truck, which must oversee every door and every camera, are you keeping up? If someone were to perhaps sabotage that control panel after locking all outside doors to the world and opening all inside doors to them, there would be your revenge."

"Won't people just phone for help or go online?"

"Not if that certain someone we keep talking about, steals all the employee's phones from their lockers and I am like eighty-eight per cent sure the control panel runs the computers and the phone hard-lines too, so once it gets destroyed and the phones go missing, we will be out and they will be locked in. Easy as pie, right? And don't worry about the siren company coming to check out a triggered alarm, they know tonight is only an easing in process, no one will be coming until dayshift and by then it will look like one big accident, a fault with the wiring or something and you were the only sane survivor. How does that sound? You may even get a movie deal about your ordeal. Think about the retirement package. Kerching!"

"Kye, do you honestly think it will work?" 

"Would I open my trap if I didn't? Daniel, all you have to ask yourself, who is more trust worthy than your friends? You go away and think about it, if you would like me to do all the work, come find me after dinner and wish me a good night's sleep; that way I will know the plan is a go-ahead."

"I... I don't know; I will have to think about this, Kyle." His voice degenerates as he walks away with his burdens. Flyaway little birdie, fly away from me, just not too far. I will be here, waiting.

I will unfold history with my untold stories. This time my pride will be a bad-dream, which has been clamped around all their fucking mouths. It's all in the math; you plus me equals me. Clack my knuckles and exact revenge on the exact people who have acted to extract an exact skeleton they did not wish to erect.

Tonight, I shall leave my legacy in shambles, before I swipe my slate clean, I shall deliver the truest form of writing to my readers, there's a part of me which believes it could all end tonight for me. I want to leave a little something.

Choke that pencil, hatch your mind from this planet and born an idea. Pick their names from the air and murder them into aeons.

I know while you sit here and read this, you are searching for some semblance of pretend, an unreality, if you will. Your secrets make you, your darkest of secrets bait you, and you know it. Yes, those one. The ones you replay and repeat and recreate different in your mind. Tell me your secrets, I know you want too, you can't tell the people you love, can you? They are eating at you from beneath and slowly working their way to the surface and all you want to do is sing out all of your badness within. Bequeath it to me. Are you still portraying yourself as normal?

Still telling people, you're fine?

Still hiding in plain sight?

How do you sleep at night know there are people out there just like you?

If they knew the truth about you, the jig would be up. So, you keep smiling at the behaviours and fit in, keep believing your own fiction you tell yourself. Keep thinking you're one of them, when in fact you are one of us. Truth. I'll be seeing you real soon.