On their backyard stood a huge shade of tree which illuminates his dark and gloomy ambience. Beads of sweat covered his temples like he had just came from a heavy morning routine. He bits his lower lip, trying to wait for my response which never came easy.

"As the saying goes, let bygones be bygones. Don't let me remember all the bad times, Chuck. Just..." I trailed, running a hands on my hair, "drop it."

With his monstrous footsteps, only taking less than a second, it made my heart breathless. I was afraid. Last night would be the last time I'd open up all the ripped pieces within me. With Chuck, I'm afraid he'd probe me questions I never think I'm confident telling him.

"I've been broken, Lauren. I wanted to meet people with similar situation," he steps closer and I looked away. He seemed like he wanted to comfort me in the best way he can.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I speak, my fist forming into a ball, eyes aching slowly.

He sighs, his morning breath which had an aftertaste of coffee brushed instantly on my face. Turning around, I see him crooked his neck over his chest, feeling disappointed I never told him.

"Sure you discussed this with Cain. I wish someday, you will have the freedom talking to me without hesitation." He held me in his gaze and I gave him a nod.

We could hear Cain's footsteps coming on our way as it gets louder. He steps backward, trying to get away from me.

"Hey guys, breakfast..." he stops as he saw us fighting in silence.

"I...um, sorry. Just get there when you're both ready."

He glanced at us, trying to figure out why the room was filled with awkward silence. To escape from it, I immediately walked out of the room to follow Cain.

• • •

Cain argued in taking me for a ride to my class today but I said no to him. He's given me so much of his time even if it meant sacrificing his sleep just to comfort me. On the other hand, I was worried sick Chuck's mad at me for not telling him my problems. He never sat down with us for breakfast. His room was locked and the music were blasting too loud.

Classes was kind of dull today, just answer sheets and dismissed as early as possible. I sat on my usual spot, near the exit door while the others gather up their things to leave the class. Letting the time pass, I just sat there, my eyes studying the people passing by and wondering what kind of stories they might have. Or were they broken or not?

Mrs. Lopez, our teacher, stands up from her desk and clears up the board from the messy scribbles during lectures. As she finished the board, she went to arrange the books scattered on her desk and pile it neatly. Soon after that, her fingers picked up her foggy glasses and throwing her hands on the air, she yawns. As she caught me watching her, her face heated in embarrassment.

"Hey, Mrs. Lopez!" I waved at her.

She strides toward me, half-smiling while fixing her dress that's been pulling up whenever she moves.

Sitting up next to me, she states, "Ahh, it's been a pretty hectic day for us all."

Nodding, I say, "Yeah, if lectures are burden to us, it would be the same for teachers like you."

"Seems to me you're experiencing some burden down there," she whispers, pointing right through my chest.

Giving her a small smile, I shook my head as if it would easily convince her I was telling the truth.