34: Letters

34: Letters

*2 year later*

One Direction started their “Who We Are Tour.” It was their 3rd tour.

I was really happy for them; I had their new album before anyone else got it. They had sent it to my mom and she sent it to me. I was in love with each song; there was one that looked familiar, like I had heard it somewhere. The song was “You and I”.

It was one of my favorites.

My life changed a lot. Since I had Elijah, the only person besides my mom to know he existed were the people I met here in California, and Mahir. I couldn’t wait to the appointment so I told him a day after knowing it.

He said he would be support me, even if it wasn’t his. That was really sweet of him. I found out it wasn’t his, still he came and saw the baby. He stayed someday in my place, helping me out. My mom and John, decided to surprise me and bought baby things, adding it to the things I had already got, so I could have a complete baby room. They helped me putting it together his bedroom was going to be besides mine.

My house looked finally like a house, I had all my furniture. I kept working on the pet shop and hired someone who could take care of Elijah while I was working. It helped me a lot. I would miss him so badly when I hadn’t him around me. In the end it was worth it. Elijah was such a calm baby, and was easy to take care of.

I have been hiding Elijah to the guys (1D) and Jazzy. It was wrong and I would tell it soon to them.

Zayn was engaged with that Perrie girl. I was happy he moved on, a little jealous it wasn’t me but we had to move on with our lives and I wished so badly that he was happy with her. I tried to date other guys but there was always something missing, some just stopped talking to me as they found out I had a baby/kid. It was so stupid but that was life. So I gave up on finding love, if it was going to appear I would be ready for it, if not, life wouldn’t get stuck. 

My heart kept skipping a beat when I heard his name, but I got used to it. We weren’t texting each other 24/7 but still, in the friend zone and I was good with that.

He didn’t say anything about the engagement or even about his girlfriend, now wife.

I couldn’t ask it. That would only show, I was jealous or anything like that.

One day I returned from my work and opened the mail box, inside there were some letters. I walked to the front porch and saw two letters from Zayn, attached to each other. My mom hadn’t told me he sent one to me.

I froze, as I saw the wedding invite. What was he thinking?

I opened the door and walked inside. I put the letters on the dinner table and walked to the living room where the babysitter and Elijah were playing.

-MOM!-  He said dropping his toy and ran to me.

-Hello pretty boy! - I said picking him up. I turned to the babysitter. – Em, I think it’s enough for today, I picked the cash it’s on the counter, in the kitchen. – I had left there her payment.

-Alright Sharon. – She said smiling. – See you on Monday. – She didn’t work in the weekends so didn’t I. She was around my age.

-See ya. – I hugged Elijah. – Say goodbye to Emily

-Byew Em. – He said blowing her a kiss.

I sat on the couch as she walked away.

-So how was your day, big boy? – I asked him as he sat on my lap. I looked in to his eyes, they were brown, but they were the same as the hypnotizing color, which his dad got me hook on.

- It was fun. – He said laughing. – And yours? – He asked in baby talk.

-It was hard but mommy got it. – I said smiling. I told myself, no matter how hard the job was I would never complain about it. I meet a lot of people, who complained every single day, that they were tired and so on. Giving life a bad vibe, I was more than grateful to have a job and earn money.

-Mommy is the best. – He hugged me. It was a little bit late. So I decided to give him a shower and put him to sleep.

As I did it he complained a bit but I said big boys needed to rest to grow, so he closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

I sat on the dinner table and opened Zayn’s letters. The wedding card was the first. It had a picture of Zayn and Perrie, both looked happy. They were inviting me, Zayn wrote with his hand letter that I could bring a “date” if I wanted, he would pay mine and my “dates” tickets.

I opened his letter.

“Dear Sharon,

I’m sorry I never had the courage to say I moved on. Maybe because I expected that things had change. I wish they had.” They had Zayn. A lot.  

“This looked stupid, what I just wrote here…

So as you might know I’m having an wedding. You know what the worst about it: I’m still not sure about it. I won’t lie; you are always on my mind. Maybe I shouldn’t say it but you are…

I really don’t know what to do, I feel a little lost. But on the other hand I am making someone happy, and so should I be too. Happy.

I just wanted to see you again, even if it’s on my own wedding.

So let me tell you the whole story. I’ve been dating this girl called Perrie

He wrote about her and how they met, it was all lovely. Zayn said he was sorry for hiding it to me, and apologized for everything. He talked about some things when we dated. The letter was more about me and him than the reason of his marriage. He talked about the song “You and I”, he said he remembered singing it when we got back together for the second time, when he sang it to make me fall in sleep. That why, I knew the song it all made sense.

I kept re-reading his letter over and over. He still thinks about me. That can’t be right, right?

The truth was I never stopped think about him either. I never got back to London so I wouldn’t make the same mistakes over again. So I wouldn’t fall for him again.

The best I could do was not to go to his wedding.

I couldn’t face him again and knowing we changed.

------------

Author Note: 

Question:

Will she go to London and attend Zayn's wedding? 

*VOTE, COMMENT AND KEEP READING IT*