Chapter 5 (COMPLETED)

Chapter 5

Hazelfur sat there staring at the rushing river. She got up and started walking downstream towards the river. She passed the Forbiden Cave- in the cave sometimes lived snakes, foxes, and sometimes badgers. They get in across the river where the Tall-legs put up a large bridge made of rock. 

   When she got to the lake, she dove straight into the water. Hazelfur swam to the rock bed, and pushed up with her hind legs. She gasped for air. Hazelfur paddled up to shore once again. Swimming always helped Hazelfur forget what troubles she had. 

   A mew startled her. "What is a Rippleclan cat doing in Pineclan territory?" a white and silver she-cat stood in front of a tall oak tree. "Trespasser!"

   "Actually," Hazelfur shot back." I'm a medicine cat! And I'm allowed to go anywhere I want to."

   Reconition lit the she-cat's gaze. Then it turned back into a frown."With reason. And what's your reason- medicine cat." she mocked.

   Hazelfur struggled to come up with an awnser. "I need to talk with Jasminefur." she planned to ask the other medicine cat if he had seen Fireclaw though their territory.

   "About what?" she asked with scorn in her mew.

   "About- none of your business!" Hazelfur growled."Take me now."

   "But why are you wet?"

   "I had to swim across the river."

   "But-"

   "Take me now! You shouldn't even question a medicine cat!" Hazelfur stalked towards the Pineclan camp. She wasn't going to let a warrior from another clan order her around! The silver and white she-cat stalked up behind Hazelfur, watching to make sure she wasn't up to trouble. Annoyance made her pelt hot. Since when do medicine cats make raids? Or steal prey? Hazelfur thought.

   When she got to a camp surrounded by tall slim trees, the she-cat pushed in front of Hazelfur and bounded down a ravine. Hazelfur followed and when she got down there, she saw a hidden fern and bramble entrance. The two she-cats went inside the camp. Inside were cats from elders to kits walking around, meowing to each other, and eating. Hazelfur could hear new-born kits mewling inside a rock cavern.

   A brown tom came up to the silver she-cat and rubbed his muzzle against her ear."Who is this?" he asked. "What does she need, Icewing?"

   "I need to ask Jasminefur something. Can you show me where her den is please?" Hazelfur asked.

   The brown tom nodded and led her to a hole in the ravine, covered with lichen. Hazelfur could smell herbs. "In there." he said, and walked off.

   "Jasminefur?" she mewed into the den.

   "Yes?" said a gray she-cat."Oh, it you Hazelfur! Great! What do you need? Catmint?" Actually they did, but Hazlefur didn't say.

   "Um, actually we need to know if you have seen a orange tom roaming your territory." she mewed.

   Hazlefur thought she could see fear in the gray she-cat's purple eyes."Um- I- no. I don't think so. I'll go ask Rosestar." She padded out into the camp and into a large den by the nursery. "Rosestar? It's me and Hazelfur." She went inside the den and Hazelfur followed. A white she-cat stood in the middle of the den, and when she saw Hazelfur, she nodded a greeting.

   "Welcome, Hazelfur. Do you need anything?"

   "She wanted to know if you have seen a orange tom sneaking around our territory." a note of warning sounded in her mew. "Have we?"