Chapter 5

"Harry! Don't touch that you idiot!", Jesy scolded, running to grab Harry and pull him away from her desk, slapping the boy's hand away before he grabbed something of hers. Harry didn't listen, and he fought against the girl to grab her brush. "GIVE THAT BACK!"

"Harry, over here!", Zayn called from the other side of the room, Harry laughing as he threw it over Jesy to get it to the raven-haired boy. But instead of Zayn catching it, another small hand reached out before his could.

"You guys are such bullies."

"JADE!", Jesy shouted, running over and tackling Jade in a big hug. "Oh my God, we thought you were in danger!"

"Correction, 'you' thought she was in danger.", Harry said, walking over to stand by Zayn as Jesy continued to squeeze Jade in a usual bone-crushing hug.

"Well, I'm fine. Nothing happened to me.", Jade whispered, feeling guilty about making Jesy worry so much. She knew how protective the older girl was, and she wishes she could've told them what was happening earlier, but they didn't even give her a chance to say bye to Zayn, let alone Jesy and Harry.

"Wait, so then where did they take you?", Zayn asked, curious as to where Jade disappeared to for an hour.

Jade looked at the three in front of her, all of their gazes set on her as they await the answer. However, she didn't want to give them the answer, because that would mean that she would have to tell them she was the top individual of Leadership, and she wasn't the type of person to rub her achievements into other people's faces, especially when they were in the running for it as well.

"Nothing much, they just wanted to ask me a few questions on what my strategy was for the game of chess." Jesy and Harry just nodded, but Zayn eyed Jade carefully, having a feeling that she wasn't telling the whole story.

"Well, now that that's all settled, let's go get some grub. I'm starving, and dinner's gonna start soon.", Harry announced, starting to make his way towards the door. Jesy sighed, but started to follow him nonetheless (she had no other choice, he was her partner, and partners have to go practically everywhere together).

"You coming, Jadey?", she asked, slowing down a bit when she realized Jade wasn't following her.

"I'm gonna stay back a bit, but you guys go ahead.", she replied, giving a small smile to Harry and Jesy as they exit the room. "You can go too.", she says to Zayn, noticing that he hadn't moved an inch.

"No, I'll stay with you. That way, you can tell me what really happened."

"Why were you both in Jesy's and my room?"

"She was worried about you and we came to help calm her down, but that's not the point. The point is that you're avoiding the truth."

"I'll tell you later, Zayn, alright?"

"Meet me in the library at midnight.", he whispered, giving the small girl a pat on the head before leaving the room. He wanted answers, and he knew Jade would only want to tell him in private.

***

"CAMILA!!!!" Camila had barely any time to reply before a small body wrapped itself around her, making her stumble a bit to keep her balance. It only took her a second to recognize who it was, and once she did a small giggle left her lips.

"Miss me Ally?", she asked with a smile, not bothering to wrap her arms around Ally's torso as she walked forward, knowing that the smaller girl was perfectly capable of holding herself up since she was practically a koala.

"You left me alone with these two idiots, of course I missed you!", Ally exclaimed once Liam and Niall came into view.

"Idiots?", Niall asks, his eyes widening while Liam just chuckles.